High colestrol

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was started on fenofibrate for 2 months after trying statins and they brought my bad colestrol level down but raised my liver levels so  g p advised me to stop taking them after 4 weeks my ldl shot back up  now I have to take ezetimibe 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

How high was your cholesterol? Mine was 5.7 but I was not put on statins which I would never take after seeing what they did to my husband. I starting taking porridge and within 10 months my cholesterol was down to 4.9 with no other change in my diet.
  • Posted

My last blood test came back with a 9.5 colestrol I was put on statins when my colestrol was 7  .4.  A few years back they made my legs  weak and cramp in my feet  so I stopped taking them I have had to try a few different types of tablets since I have oats in morning and my husband eats them his colestrol came down but mine didn't   I am trying a new tablet now so fingers crossed these work for me  bloods in four weeks watch this space  well done jackie59258
  • Posted

Good luck to you.

my husband had severe pains in legs and could not take statins. His doctor put him in Omacor - type of fish oil I think - and that brought his levels down to normal. I would suggest you google it and read about it before you see your doctor.

• Posted

Thank you ,,,I am sorry for your troubles too

My Dr thinks I probable was born with it were your body just makes to much of it ,,,,I don't have any family information or history of it  either.

i will google that ,,,thanks Once again 

• Posted

Please let me know how you get the on. You are right sometimes it's something that you are prone to even though you follow a good diet.x
    • Posted

Hi after two months of being on Ezitimebe my colestrol levels are now 6.3 liver levels are fine now but these tablets made me feel weak and very tired  also got out of breath quickly  and sure they caused a bit of memory loss ! I haven't took any for a week  and feel like my old self again now 😀I couldn't get to see my g p till after Christmas so another g p as told me to take fenofibrate again for a month have another blood test then see how liver level is  and book to see my usual g p in new year 
  • Posted

I have a similar issue, my cholestrol level in August was

Total :5.7

HDL: 0.8

LDL :2.22

Trigly : 8.0

The doc them put me on Lipanthyl 145mg(fenofibrate)

got test this week

Total :8.3 (increase a lot)

HDL: 1.03

LDL : 6.08

Trigly : 1.3

This is not the first time this has happened, a few years (09 and 11) back when I tried to lower my triglycerides, cholestrol went up... so i went off medication.

I've been runnig 15-25km a month since August and pretty bummed to see the results. Also ny liver enzymes went up ALT 78.

Doc is prescribing me Vytorin, hope this works and need to check my ALT and blood test for Hepatitis... just making sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.