tinnitus at 27

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi everyone i need some help and advice, im suffing really bad with tinnitus and feel i no longer can go on, i have 3 kids and cant look after them aswell as deal with this, i feel like runing away but these no point the tinnitus will still be there, i developed it from tmj andony with help and advice please im from derby uk

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leanne,

Sorry to hear that. How bad is it exactly and what noise is it? Can you hear it all day?

I have a sound machine which I use at nighttime which drowns out the Noise in my ears. I'm actually quite young and developed tinnitus after being exposed to a loud noise.

More information on your issue would help everyone give better advice

• Posted

i hear it all the time its in my lefted ear mostly im only 27, how old are you? i got if from tmj what sound machine do you use, i have the telly on all the time.
  • Posted

do anyone no a surport site for people with tinnitus in derby area?
  • Posted

Hi Jeanne. what is tmj andony ??  Malk.
    • Posted

It's a jaw problem that can course tinnitus just goggle tmj read about it
  • Posted

Hang in there Leanne.

How long have you had T and what caused it? 

I did a lot of research and found that 80 to 90% of sufferers do fully recover or habituate within 12 months.

There are sound machines that you can buy. I have a Free iPhone app (with crickets) that drowns out my T perfectly. -- If you only have it on one side, you can easily use it full-time until you are ready to try other methods.

Don't give up! -- I'm sure your kids would rather have you around with a noise device on than not around at all. -- T is the devil in the first few months but it does get better!    

• Posted

Hi Jon iv had it for a year and half coursed by tmj and it's not getting better there's no hope for me
  • Posted

Everyone is different but I noticed a huge difference in the volume of my tinnitus when I totally stopped drinking anything with caffeine in it. Not sure if this is something you do. Other than that I use a compounded drug (liquid ) two drops under my tongue twice daily and it does something to increase blood flow to that area...not sure if this does anything for the tinittus but has helped with my Menieres disease. They are called histamine phosphate but I can find very little about them on the internet. Like I said though the biggest part of the time now there is just a small amount of noise...but sometimes out if nowhere it will get really loud...there is no real explanation for this from what I can tell. Hope you can get some relief!!
  • Posted

I know how you feel, believe me cos I feel the same.

How did yours start ?  What does it sound like?  Is it loud and can you hear it 24/7. 

• Posted

I had jaw pain for a few weeks then came tinnitus so it was coursed by tmj i hear it all the time no escape, it sounds like a loud hum with a loud ring feel do helpless I don't no anyone else who has this
  • Posted

For all reading this (posting or not) who are having suicidal thoughts, there is help available. Look up the Samaritans (UK) or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (US), these are 24/7, toll free services that will connect you to a counselor. If you are outside the US and UK, more hotlines, sorted by country, can be found on the wikipedia page entitled "List of suicide crisis lines".

• Posted

Like you, I developed tiniitus at 27 years old. I had bad ears as a kid growing up, always absessed and infecred. I remember getting shots of penicillin in the butt when I was 5 or 6 years old almost weekly. As a teenager I played drums in a rock band and I guess that didn't help matters along with using power lawn equipment regualarly, without ear plugs.

Unfortunately, there isn't one product out there that will help. Despite all the promises these products make to lessen or even eliminate the  noise, they're nothing more than placebos. At one point, I thought vitamin B12  was the answer but that was short lived improvement. My ENT doc admits there is nothing new in research at this present tie and tinnitus is not completely understood because it affects the inner ear which really can't be examined unelss the break your skull open.

My family doctor said my tinnitus will evetually lessen. Right now it's at the middle point in a cycle that tinnitus usually follows. As the noise level lessens, so will my hearing, thus, I will eventually lose my hearing and the tinnitus will be gone. What a trade-off, eh?

Anyway, I didn't mean to throw all this gloom and doom at you for a response. I just wanted you to know that no matter what they try to sell you, nothing on the market works. and they're mostly gimmickry. You're better off listening to music with ear buds or head phones. My noise level seems worse with the change of seasons and runs vairious levels, never completely going away. I always know it's there and I try to keep busy, ignoring that constant, annoying hissing. Sometimes if I use a hair blower and gently blow warm air into the ears, it helps for a while. All sorts of things aggravate the condition, alcohol, certain foods and if I take a quick nap, I'll wake up to a pitch louder than I fell asleep with. Xanax does not help the noise level at all. In fact, soe meds, or actually most meds, make the noise level worse. 

I hope your condition is not as dismal as mine and if you find anyting that works, please share. What caught my attention was your age.. That was the same age, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and the tinnitus came shortly after. 

I wish you the very best of luck,

Glenn

• Posted

If your tinnitis is from tmj then I'd really recommend going to see a cranio osteopath who can cure your tmj which will also help your tinnitis.

Otherwise you can get a mouth device from your dentist which prevents tmj.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.