Water retension & consumption Dr. ordered water restrictions, where do you stand? What will you do?

Posted , 2 users are following.

We need water to survive. Our bodies won't function properly without it. This is a fact. When our defense system, Exa: our lymphatic system, bowls and urinary systems.. when these systems become clogged and fail to work properly we may become ill, start to retain fluids and developers all manner of conditions, disorders and diseases. If we develope edemas,swelling, water retention doctors may prescribe water pills or diaretics. In severe cases the doctor may restrict water intake. Do you have a situation like this? Tell me what you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. What beverage do you have with your meals? I'd like to ask some questions, get some answers and perhaps share some food for thought.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It varies....really hard to say. Some days I mayear breakfast, some days...not at all. I have severe lymphoedema and the massage treatment pushed fluid up and aggravated my COPD...I began having breathing issues bc she was moving that fluid up in my body and I had not been taking my diuretic lately. So we stopped the massage last week and I got back on my diuretic and I'm breathing much better. Do you know if that fluid was going in my lungs or just pushing against my diaphragm and lungs or what? It makes sense that that aggravated my COPD but I'm not quite clear how that worked. But yeah, just goes to show those systems do get clogged as mine are and it helps to get them moving...hopefully...lol! Ladyjack51
    • Posted

Hello Ladyjack51, congratulations on taking the first step. Paying attention and noting what is happening to your body. As for the fluids, I can not say. COPD itself is traumatic. I encoutahe you to makw a daily journal. Put sticky notes on the fridge reminding yourself to eat good nutritious things and notes of encouragement. Might you consider eating breakfast every morning? Your cells are like men that go to work in a factory. The factory never shuts down. When a shift ends the men are tired and often times exhausted. Too tired to eat and regenerate. Consider juicing. Another natural suggestion. Get some dandelions. Eat the leaves in a salad.try a little at a time. It is a diaretic and it helps with digestion. Consider eliminating coffee and juices and sugars from your diet and replacing them with water instead and if you consume sugar. Try apples or fruit. Keep your legs up, and wrapped if you can. Things will get better. I have no doubt. Another thing we all should consider is our bowl elimination. How often? how long? What color? How thick? Put a sticky note on the commode reminding you to look before you flush.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.