This abscess is lingering. What to do?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Had an abscess that drained blood. Went to Doctor and was given antibiotics. This was 3 weeks ago. This thing is still lightly bleeding. The location is on my panty line so I'm thinking it just keeps getting irritated. Any thoughts ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Just had a groin abscess lanced today - had it for 3 months just wouldn't go away - you should definitely see the Dr

• Posted

It finally healed! I think I am prone to get these. I have axiety and sweat alot! I am trying lots of different at home stuff to see what helps, but I do have a checkup after the new year.
    • Posted

Back to doctor yesterday. I was told that this type of thing is very common and I may just have a chronic problem with it. Mine are not really painful. They are more of a nuisance. I would just like for them to disappear forever not for 2 or three weeks and then return. My anxiety level has been extreme and it's causing BP to elevate. Sick of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.