Glaucoma drops and vertigo and breathing problems

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have suffered from Glaucoma for 25 years and have taken various drops over the years.

Recently i am suffering from Vertigo and breathing difficulties. I take many tablets for a variety of chronic issues.

I never suspected my Glaucoma drops as Ive taken drops for many years. The doc diagnosed Labrynthitis and said it would go away in a few weeks .It hasnt and Im getting worried.

Then I read that Trusopt and Ganfort may be responsible.Apparently about 8% of users suffer from these conditios. This to me is a significant number.

At times I feel on the verge of passing out when I stand up.I dont want to keep bothering my doctor.Anyone else got this problem?? Please advise.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi

please do talk to your doctor (or a different one) again. My Mum had breathlessness when on some of the eye drops but I cannot remember which ones. The problem stopped whenthey changed her drops. If you cannot get help from your GP then call up the opthalmology dept that usualy sees you. They should also be able to advise.

Such dizziness sounds potentially dangerous as you could fall downstairs etc.

hope it gets resolved soon

• Posted

Thanks Dambudzo,

I have just read up on drug interactios for TRUSOPT and I am suffering from other conditions which could interact. Some doctors or Consultants dont check closely enough. I am going to call the DEP at the hospital and ask to be seen.

GOOD SUGGESTION. Thanks. Bob

• Posted

I had the same problem after trying every glaucoma eye drop there is until I saw a professor of opthalmology and a graduste of Harvard Medical School. She prescribed Betaxalol in the morning and Travatan at night. In short period of time all my vertigo problems stopped and my eye pressure was reduced to normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.