are there any good things after vesectomy

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've just had my vesectomy done today and I was trying to read about the pain and how to relieve it a little and all I've gotten was these sad long stories now I'm worried that I made the wrong decision are there any good post vesectomy story's out there?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I'm too early in the process to comment for myself, but so far it is not looking good for mine to be positive.

Keep in mind that there A LOT of these performed each year, I personally know 5 men who had absolutely no issues (one noted that his incision site itches randomly)

You are much more likely to encounter people that had issues on a forum, the people without any issues don't go looking for forums to talk about it.

The first few days are going to be rough, get some soft gel ice packs, take some ibuprofen and take it easy.

I'm at the 2 week mark and other than the issue I am having, the swelling is gone, the bruising is almost gone, the stitch is out.

• Posted

Put a bag of peas on them for a few days and pray you are ok.

Worst decision of my life and it has ruined my career and put a hugh strain on our marriage.

• Posted

Thanks u guys well it's the next morning I'm able to get out of bed for little things like bathrooms I have mild pain now but I'm still taking it slow my left side has no pain but for some reason the right is still throwing but not to bad I will be posting on here weather bad or good just for everyone's info who are thinking of getting this done for themselves
  • Posted

To keep pain at bay make sure you keep on top of brufen and paracetamol. Alternate them do you have constant pain relief.

Really supportive underwear will help a huge amount

• Posted

Frankly not many, a awful lot of men have been completely conned.

There is just no going back, I`ve suffered for thirty odd years and regreted having this more than is possible to say!!!!

• Posted

The only benefit is you should not be shooting live rounds.

Disadvantages

Excruciating pain

Ejaculate not the same dribbles out rather than under pressure, affects sensation)

Further surgery

Loss of Testosterone Production

Errection Dysfunction

Makes you a miserable b******.

Get it done by a surgeon at a hospital.

Stay clear of a GP.

• Posted

Ok so now it's day 3 the pain is just about gone I'm moving around easily now I'm still as horny as ever but to scared to have sex right now so I'm gona give it. A shot next week but I'm feeling pretty good.about my decision so far unlike most people on here I'm not married and I'm only 28 but I also have 4 kids so I am satisfied with my results so far I still put ice on it when I lay down for the swelling and that's about it I don't have to take pain meds no more hope everyone has a great day
    • Posted

Glad to hear you are doing good.

I'd try some gentle masturbation before going all out, stuff is still healing in there and it would suck to tear a stitch.

I'm hopefully going to get a second opinion today to see if my suspicions about my doctor screwing up are valid.

• Posted

I'm 13 days in. I feel almost normal. But my boys are tender today. Making walking a little hard. Yesterday I felt 100%. How is everything for you? Do you regret your choice? Seems like your not even in this forum anymore. Some good news out of all these horror stories would be nice haha.
  • Posted

Hi mate,

I think (hope) I've been "lucky" with mine....

Had mine about 14 months ago, and have been fine.... Took just over 2 weeks until I was completely over it and playing sports again.... They swelled up and bruised quite a bit at first.....

But everything works as it did before, I'm hoping I'm past the point of pvp starting, but can't find a definitive answer as to how long after the op it can start.....

The only niggle I get, I occasionally my nuts ache a little, but they were always sensitive before the op.....

Hope you're back to normal soon

Chris

• Posted

Hi. 13 days in here. Wondering how long you felt achy for. I don't really have much pain. But boys are tender still. They weren't yesterday or day before. Today they have been. Thought I was past the hump. How is everything now? Happy you had the vasectomy? I need some good news.
  • Posted

Mine went well, my sex drive was normal, plus no more worries about having sex without condoms; my wife stopped taking the "pill". PS  I gave myself tim to heal- don't be a hero and lift anything much or stretch your legs. Wear support underwear for a few days.  My ejaculate never changed, my erections never changed, my libido went into high gear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.