I've had sinusitis on and off for 3-4 years. Can we all share symptoms please?????

Posted , 20 users are following.

I dread it when I feel my symptoms coming on because I know I've got a long few weeks/months ahead of me!

Does anyone else have the tingling on the left side of face? Along with the constant head aches. Eyes feel like their popping out. Ears constantly ringing. Feeling sick. Dizzy?

I went to ENT when it first started but he wasn't very helpful.

What's everyone else's symptoms?

3 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Danielle

Yes I've posted on this before a few months back. This year I've had sinus problems from may to this very day (suffered with them for years but never this bad). Ive had all those symptoms and I'm so glad you mentioned the tingling. That was worrying me big time I'd get it in the head and face (left side ). I get the tinnitus and had it constant in the summer. I have extra sensitive gums and tooth ache and pains along my sinus bones in the cheeks. These are particularly bad when lying down. I don't know where you live but I swear some kind of pollution came over in the UK and set mine off bad. Never suffered like this before. I have gum sores too u think caused by the constant dry mouth I had. My ENT just put me on steroid sprays and amitripyline but neither any good.

• Posted

Like many people on here, life is pretty miserable with continuous sinus problems. I have seen an Ent consultant privately on 3 occasions and also had a ct scan. The outcome was Rhinitis!! I have followed all advice and used all prescribed medication but the problem still persists. Adding to this, my nose has recently become freezing cold making my eyes watery and sticky. Have tried, but unable to get answers. The only thoughts I can offer is could it be due to bad neck and head posture from smartphone, tablet or computer use? I saw this mentioned elsewhere and initially poo-pooed the idea but now I am wondering if it is a possibility. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Posted

Hi Danielle, I had the tingling on one side just like you and the ENT did the usual CT scan and camera up the nose and said I had a couple of small polyps which is apparently quite common. Anyway he gave me some nasal spray which did nothing and back in September on the advice of a friend I gave up all dairy producys and with 3 weeks nearly all the symptoms including tingling disappeared. Just for the record this Xmas I had a load of Brandy cream with my Xmas pudding as I thought I would risk it and like clock work the tingling came back last (Boxing Day)

• Posted

Hi everyone, just read your posts, having a really bad attack at the moment, painful gums, pain behind my nose and eyes, extreme pressure in my head, headache, post nasal drip, and cough, Have it in varying degrees for years, would love a day pain free. Good luck.
    • Posted

Mary i feel ur pain i have similiar symptoms with also dry nose, tiredness, and irritableness and this has been going on for years so i like everyone else on this site know your pain
  • Posted

Thanks for the replys! It's good to hear other people's symptoms. It's stopped me going insane! Thanks for the tips as well will try it!
  • Posted

Ditto to all the above, for 4 years this December, I'm fedup with it all.. Back and forth to doctors and dentists.

List of my symptoms.

Weird funny dull headache

Intermittent Dizzy/balance spells/not room spin (although it was right at the beginning of it all)

tender gums at the back of mouth

Cheek ache on right side

Ache on bridge of nose

Tired eyes and when I rub them the pain from behind my eyes is horrible almost makes me sick.

Right ear ache

Intermittent humming from ears.

This had been going on for 4 years, it was really bad the first few months full on vertigo,sickness, poor memory etc then it's gradually just become the above symptoms.

I've had all my Wisdom teeth removed coz of this all. Thinking it may have been them as they were impacted... But no!

Been to 3 ents, ct scan and mri.

Ent 1 couldn't get camera up my right nose it was that inflamed did ct scan deviated septum and inflamed turbinates on the right Given steroid drops, sprays nothing helped, also noted right ear drum was bulging and had bubbles and fluid behind it.

Ent 2 noted the ear issue, tried different sprays, no help!

Ent 3 was horrible man.. told me it was a jaw or migraine problem. Said nothing wrong with my sinuses or ears! So the other 2 were lying I guess.

Mri of brain showed " change on brain relating to a form of migraine " follow up with my doc and she said they'd lost my

Actual scan and also she didn't understand what they meant because migraines don't show up on scans ( so I'm left thinking what's the change then)

I'm waiting to see neurologist my appointment is on the 22nd January.

Can I ask how old you all are? I'm 37, I was 34 when it all began.

Hope we can help each other.

• Posted

Hi Emma sorry to hear you've had no luck!

I think I need to push for more help as I'm just living with it at the minute very miserably! It's causing me to become very anxious.

I'm 27 and just struggling at the moment. Feeling so ill all the time. I had the same trouble as you with the ENT he made me feel like I was lying so never went back!

• Posted

Hi Emma, I had the same response for year. You are not lying, you are not goin mad, stay calm it is  a sinus problem, over the years I have found menthol crystals, you put them in boiling water and sniff them into your sinuses, and coughe medicine with guaifenesin in it it loosens any troublesome mucus, and paracetamol for the pain. Good luck Emma. Jo.
  • Posted

My god it's frightening to see some have suffered for years. I've had sinus problems before but never this bad. It's amazing how you mention you had your wisdom teeth out thinking it was them causing the discomfort. I have a dentist booked this week but I have a feeling it'd the sinus pressure putting it all on my gums and teeth. One of my GP 's said it was a falicy sinus effects gums but he's so wrong. I won't let the dentist take any teeth out until they are 100 % sure. Still got swollen turbinates face pain gum and teeth pain. I just wonder what set it all off. I'm 44 and just trying to live with it.
  • Posted

Does anyone else feel dumb when it's all going on, my concentration goes out the window, my memory is poor and I just feel inadequate.

I'm a single mum with a 7 year old son, and when it rears it's ugly had I feel bad coz im so irritable and emotional, I can't do things with him, coz im afraid to go anywhere incase the word dizzy head appears and by 4 pm in so exhausted I'm ready for my bed.

Life at the mo just feels like a blur, like I'm just plodding on not actually living.. I used to be so out going and confident to all this happened.

Did any of you suffer hay fever before all this, I did really bad for years then it just disappeared one year.

Also do any of you suffer congestion after eating... It's almost like something keeps triggering it... Mines like a pattern..

First I get the gum ache then the bridge of nose and behind my eyes then my ears then the weird spacy headaches and neck ache and balance issues then I'll start hacking up green lumps in the mornings.

Only thing I think kinda helps is pseudephodrine and ibuprofen and paracetamol, doesn't shift it but helps alittle.

Also I use tiger balm white and rub it in my forehead... My nose starts running like a tap but I still feel a lump deep up my nose, if I.blow it won't come out but if I snort of you know what I mean I can feel it and have to try and hack it out.. Sorry too much info. Yuk

• Posted

Pity we all lived so far apart would be good to get together and have a good old moan about it as we are sniffing away lol. We have to try make a joke of it although it's seriously annoying. I get it in the gums all the time now so irritating. Also feel dull all the time like I have a cloudy head. It's madness how there's not a cur efor this .
  • Posted

Hi Danielle, I live in Sacramento CA. I am a GMO free mom and activist. I only learned about GE foods in 2013 but I made a radical lifesyle change to remove them from mine and my family's diet. Anytime I eat chicken, or meats from animals that are fed GMO products my head does what each of you are describing. I don't have the gum or tooth pain but I get a really bad head ache on my left side, sometimes my right. It only happens when I have eaten foods that I know have GE ingredients in them (sinceit is the holidays I have been eating at relatives homes that still purchase tainted foods). Two things: 1. Is anyone else trying the GMO free approach to curing this? Regardless of the cost, is anyone trying this approach? I am curious if I am on to something. A movie called Genetic Roulette describes our symptoms as "leaky brain." 2. I came across an herbal remedy that may help called Rootology. It cleared the mucus up and made my head stop hurting.

Thanks everyone. Glad we are sharing here. Maybe we can find some answers this way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.