Shaky and jittery muscles

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm a 29 y.o male and for the past few months I have had very shaky muscles, like when I move my head up and down my neck muscles move in a jittery unsmooth pattern. The same happens when I lift my arms and slowly drop them (shoulder muscles shake) or when I bend over to pick something up (stomach and leg muscles shake). I also have sudden jerky-like twitches in a lot of places like fingers, shoulders and legs. All this has recently started affecting my breathing muscles so now I have "broken" inhales and exhales like when you are super stressed expect that I am not. It's getting pretty scary and so far EMG and MRI have been negative. Anyone else here experiencing these kind of muscular issues?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes I have had this on and off for over 3 years.  I am wondering if it is due to a vitamin deficiency 
    • Posted

Hey, what are your symptoms? Do you have clumsiness as well? Have you checked your thyroid levels, specifically T3 and T4?
    • Posted

I had have intermittent muscle twitching, sweating.   Burning on my legs and the feel like they are being squeezed
    • Posted

But no unsmooth and jittery muscle movements? Have you checked you magnesium levels or thyroid hormones?
    • Posted

I do get jittery muscles.  It seems to be all sorts going on with my muscles.  I have started taking vit B12 and D.  I also get hit flushes around my head.  Sometimes my muscles feel really tight.  I have not had my thyroid levels done
  • Edited

Hi, its an old post but i wanted to ask how are you today.

I have the same symptoms as you.

Every muscle i move is moving shaky not shaking like tremors but like movements of broken chainweel or somthing realy shaky movmenets.

• Posted

Have you been successful in finding a diagnosis?! I've delt with exactly what you've explained for over 3 years and no one seems to understand or relate to any of my symptoms. Dr.'s tend to just shrug their shoulders. 

Sometimes I feel that it's tied to a social anxiety. And other times I feel that it's a hormone or vitamin deficiency. Maybe Both?

It has become extremely embarrasing and has arrested any social enjoyment I try and have.

• Posted

This also describes my experience exactly.  Been to a neurologist who ruled out several things via MRIs and chalked it up to response to stress (said he encounters this type of thing often in my demographic).  Same bilateral "unsmooth" movements in wrists, sides, neck especially without loss of strength.

I have had three distinct periods of worse symptoms over the last 2-3 years, with lessening in between.

Primary doctor also suspects Lyme disease, however no evidence found (which sometimes can take years to show in tests)/

• Posted

Hi joeyupstairs,

Curious how you are doing now? Hopefully many of these symptoms have decreased or gone away for you

• Posted

Yes, I have the same.

Started during smoking cessation and amalgam removal.

Initially I thought it was a deficiency in calcium or acetylcholine or something like that but it seems that it's similar to essential tremor but not quite.

Gets worse with caffiene or exercise and heat from sauna/hot shower ( read stress)

alcohol = no difference ( unusual for essential tremor I belive)

Ive seen a neurologist who basically told me nothing

I also have fasciculations in my feet and lately my memory is getting worse.

I wonder about leaky blood brain barrier and inflamation but there are no tests for these so it's a bit of a guess really

I made some video's here if this helos for comparison

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

I’ve had this for the last few days quite badly, did you find out what it was ? Did it improve ? I’m worried 
    • Posted

Hi jade29936,

Hope your symptoms have improved and that you are/have been on the path towards healing. Curious how you are feeling now? I just started having these symptoms 2 months prior and wondering if they'll ever go away...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.