Rare dry skin fungal infection on feet HELP PLEASE.

Posted , 8 users are following.

So i have this fungal injection on my foot and it started only of my left foot when i was about 8 years old, it wasn't that bad but it got worst and started cracking as normal, around 14-15 it started to spread to the other foot, while the left foot was and still is getting worse. i'm not 18 years old and both of my feet look cronicly dry and cracked. I've tried all kinds of oils,creams,acidcreams, powder, natural remedys, literally everything. the last time i went swimming in my life was when i was 6 years ago because i hated showing my feet. i can't do any activities involing having my feet show, and trust me it's really that bad ( if anyone would like me to send them a picture let me know ) i'm worried that it's going to spead more and more onto my legs or my face because it's really horrible and discusting, it's ruined my life and i just want someone to say that they can fix it and not slow it down. 

It's a fungal infection that's all i've known and ever been told, please someone help me 

Dyl.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Try an intense moisturiser on your soles such as Crack Heel Cream. Wear socks 24hr x 7. I think your dry crack skin will show vast improvement within a few days.

Dry your feet with a towel rather than say using a blow drier which dries it too much.

Good luck. Edwina

• Posted

Sounds similar to what I had. Unfortunately I passed it on to my son as a child and he has it on his left foot.  I also had toenail fungus and went to the Dr. and requested an oral medication (terbinafine/Lamisil) to get rid of the toenail fungus. I tried prescription nail lacquers and that didn't work, so I wanted something that had the best track record.  When I took that medicine, the cracks, scales, etc. on my feet disappeared (as well as the toenail fungus). Go to a Dr., podiatrist, or dermatologist and ask about an oral fungal medication. They'll have to check your liver function first because it has side effects. I took the medication for 3 months. 
  • Posted

Have you tryed to take oral antifungals and also creams at the same time?
  • Posted

I don't know if this will work for feet but when I had a toenail fungus, I soaked my feet in a pan of water to which I had added apple cider vinegar--enough vinegar that the water turns color.  I soaked them every night while watching a tv show or two--sometimes as long as an hour.  If you have not tried it, it might be worth a try.  It costs more than regular vinegar but you might want to start with Bragg Raw Vinegar--available in health food stores/shelves.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.