Think i may have Rosacia

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi one and all, this word Rosacia is not new to my life, i have my first ap at my Doctors  tomorrow to see what the hell is gong on with my face. I am Female and 56, also going through my Menopause. I started noticing a few tiny spots under my chin just over 2 weeks ago, then it turned into a red rash, now i have it on my left cheek and slightly on my right. I think i may have Rosacia but i will let you know what the Doctor says. I have read some of the comments on here and i really feel for you all. I have never had spots on my face not even as a Teenager, i do not drink or spoke or eat Spicy food. I trained as an Holistic Therpist many years ago. I do not want to do into too much details but i am not so many meds for my Arthritis, which i have been on for ages. I have not changed anything in my life ie shower gel, i always use Fairy for our clothes, etc. i used the same shower gel. I know i suffer with exceedingly hot sweats because of my Menopause, but for months i have been getting this rush of hotness to just my face and it sweats like crazy, had a blood test and had to do a urine test of 48 housrs, but everythign came back clear. I am a great believer in making my own face packs, which i do from time to time. My chind was itching like crazy so i went and put some Manuka Hone 15 + and mixes a little with some full fat milt and put it on my face very cooling i must say, then i washed it off after 10 minutes. When i checked a few hours later it did not seem so imflamed. I  am not seeing my usual Gp an she only works 2 days a week. I am going into Hospital to have full hip surgery in a few days, and this is the last thing i need to worry about, as if i do not have enought as it is with my health. Will keep you guys informed, and thank you for the comments that i have already read. Hope to hear from some of you soon.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Daywalker,

I am 53 and thought Iwas having an allergic reaction to something.  After taking myself off of all vitimis etc..I thought I had it licked (it was so bad my eyes were swollen shut).  Then I ate something spicy and all heck broke loose.  Beet red, itching , swelling.  I was desperate so I went to our local pharmacy and bout a topical for psoriasis and one for roscea, I immediately put the one for roscea on and almost instantly the redness seemed to get better.  That product was Prosacea.  Then I found this website which was a god send...thank you so much to everyone who posts. While the Proscea works, it stings and dries out my skin terribly, so I added Coconut oil to my skin afterward. Also cut out gluten,sugar and booze.  A week later and my skin looks better than it did before this all happened.

I am thinking I have probably had it much longer but doctors just don't seem to get the diagnosis right.  I have ordered a new topical that doesn't sting or dry out your skin, and will report on that. The posts and support from this forum is amazing, thank you all so much!!

• Posted

I use Manuka Honey straight on my face, then wash off after a couple of hours, i only have it on my cheeks and chin not so bad on my cheeks, when i get out of the shower it is worse, i do not have my water too hot, and i only put my face under the shower head just before i get out x
  • Posted

Well isn't this just a perfect addition to growing old?  I drank some white wine didn't work out so good.  Lets see if I get this 50's thing straight...boobs are a 40 long, face looks like a burn victim but on the plus side its harder to lose weight.  I feel pretty, oh so pretty.....

I still think I am probably doing much better than most on this site, so I'll stop the wine (pun intended)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.