Feel like crap

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone can help

about a month ago i started feeling a strange feeling in my vaginal area, like its tight and aching, I have no discharge or bleeding, my doctor has given me  Ovestin cream which puts oestrogen back but I am so scared to use it because of reading the leaflet about links to  cancer. My doctor thinks I am peri menopausal but I have had no period for over 10 years due to having a marina coil which was taken out 3 months ago. I just don't know where I am, I want to cry all the time and I feel so tired too. I am 49 and single and don't have   Anyone who understand this. Any words of advice would be very much appreciated thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Just a quickie because I'm doing dinner but didn't like to leave your post as you sound so sad bless you. I too had the mirena coil removed last year. I think there's something called the mirena crash. It might be worth googling to see if there's anything that might help you on there. I only had it for 4 months, it drove me insane. I hope you feel better soon x
  • Posted

I am giving HRT a go. Scared too of the links to cancer. But pleased to know that they used horse hormone HRT in that study.

There are bio identical hormones available, I recently started on oestrogel and Utrogestan (as recommended by Professor John Studd.

Within three weeks if starting my lady parts are very close to how they were pre menopause. A bit dryish after sex but day to day I'm no longer aware that it doesn't feel right.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Shell. I've had similar feelings I believe but not as bothersome as it is for you. I have a Mirena coil and it will need to be removed in about 3 years, (not sure exactly when). It has been tremendous for me as I couldn't function with the heavy bleeding. Once it's removed, your hormones change. Some women have it taken out to get pregnant, for example, so it wouldn't take long for your normal situation to come back. However, because you're at the right age, the coil may have helped your symptoms, now it's not there, this tight aching feeling might be more pronounced. Talk to your doctor about your fears my dear, if you're not comfortable using it, you need to chat about it and either get encouragement to try or ask for something else.

As lots of the members here will say..you are not on your own. I've cried buckets for no reason. I was 50 in November last year so you're nearly my age. I have a very supportive husband so it must feel many times worse for you. As some lovely ladies have said to me here......keep reading and posting. It will take the edge of how you feel I promise. Big hug for you Shell xx.

• Posted

Hi Shellby. That's strange for the last week I have had a strange niggle in that area it is not sore as such but it is like a ache strange to explain

But I have been reading up and I think it is quite common. I am nearly 50. If it persist I will go to doc but today it has eased off a bit.

• Posted

I also saw Prof Studd and I was out on Estrogel and Progrsterone, I noticed I felt much much better on the days I was taking the progesterone which is totally the opposite to what he suggested was going to happen?! Interested to hear how you got on, was the treatment successful?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.