Very sharp pains in pelvic area

Posted , 4 users are following.

I removed my marina coil myself 2 months ago (very stupid i know) i started my period a few days after removal It was a very normal period. About 2 weeks ago I started getting shooting pains in abdomen (quite high up). It was painfull when i wat sitting down or standing up; This was coming on and off. Still get it now just not so intense and not as regularly. I started spotting for a day about 5 days ago. after that I had a very heavy period for 4 days and today I had brown discharge for a few hours and now back onto heavy period. Also my legs keep going numb. I feel very lightheaded and I have got a constant headache. Is this a cause of concern?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i wish i could give advice, but all i can say is see a dr and ask all the questions you wish to.
  • Posted

Pelvic inflammatory disease? A serious spread of infection that can affect reproductive system long term if not treated promptly.

I'm in disbelief that you removed your coil yourself! I suspect you have created a situation where bacteria from the cervix / vagina has been able to travel upwards. Of course I'm just speculating, and could be very wrong.

Please see a doctor immediately and look after yourself.

• Posted

Ally might be right if discomfort persists visit your doctor asap and pelvic inflammatory disease can have serious consequences hope it's nothing serious x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.