Cellulitus

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 55yr.old male, I was bit by something I scratched it and it became infected on my left thigh I could barely walk. I went to the er and it was diagnosed as abcess bacterim: cellulitus, they cut it open and placed a wick in it to drain, placed on two different antibiotics and told me to follow up with my GP. I was delirious before I went to er. Crazy dreams I've never experienced anything like this. I'm a carpenter and have cut or scraped myself many times and never had a problem. This stuff is no joke!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am almost 62,i started with cellulitus at the end of May last tear and still have it,getting really fed up with it,i wasnt bite ,skin wasnt broken ,i have had lots of antibiotics,even iv,but still got it,going back to gp on Monday.
    • Posted

I hope all goes well for you. My infection appears to be healing, I didn't take into account that my routine has changed I'm semi retired and not as active as I once was. It's a different world now with MRSA so I guess I need to be careful.
    • Posted

It's scabbed up but there's still some swelling but that's to be expected I guess from the incision. Trauma to the area of infection.
    • Posted

He game me Some cream called Fucibet to put on it,it cleared up a lot when I used tee tree oil,I had some cream my other gp gave me and added 3 drops of tee tree oil to it.So I will see how the Fucibet cream works.
    • Posted

Have you tried adding a course of steroids with a continuing small dose antibiotic? I had a bout with cellulitis, took the antibiotics but 2 weeks later my foot was still too swollen to wear a shoe. My doc prescribed the steroids on a slow tapering dose and I continued taking one penicillin oral for 30 days. Worked great.

Another thing I learned is that if I feel soreness & swelling in a foot for no good reason, I immediately put compression stockings on, see my dermatologist and feet up. Above hip level. Tight compression hose keep sweling down.

See your Dr at the first hint of a problem.

Good luck!

• Posted

I was bitten by ants and got both cellulitis and compartment syndrome on my right thigh. I was hospitalized for 11 days before I had to catch a flight home so they released me. During my stay I as on IV antibiotics and oral three times daily. I also had a fasciotomy for the compartment syndrome. They cut 7 incisions to drain the pus. The cellulitis finally started softening up after almost a month. The area involved has gotten smaller, but in the past few days I've noticed purple streaks and the skin in that area is getting very warm to the touch. Is this part of healing or is the infection gaining ground again? I am on antibiotics from an urgent care doctor, but don't see my GP for another 2weeks for follow up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.