High cholesterol of 250

Posted , 3 users are following.

The doc put me on niacin to lower my cholesterol I haven't taken it yet scared it may mess with me but my question is will high cholesterol cause vision issues and other side effects

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

How high was your cholesterol? You might have read about the problems my husband had with muscle pains and he cannot take them. It really depends if you have any other problems and how high your cholesterol is.

• Posted

The Dr said my cholesterol was 250 normal is 150 is what she said
    • Posted

Naicin is a B vitamin. Just make sure you drink sufficient fluid as it's a water soluble vitamin which passes out in your urine.
    • Posted

You need to break it down. It the ratio thats more relevant then the one total number.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.