Tietze syndrome

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have had tietze syndrome for 3years now. I get very stressed and emotional. I am constantly in pain but some days a lot better than others. Im on alot of pain relief. My hardest thing about having tietze is I've been out of work for 3 years and counting. If I can help anybody else please get in touch with me. We might be able to help each other!!!!! Cheers Mark

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi mark sorry to hear you are in a lot of pain with this condition.

​i too suffer with this condition have had it for 20 years i have had to give up hours at work because of it only work 2 days now , have tryed for pip but turned down because i can bath myself and dress i didnt meet the critera even though im in pain and my husband has to help me alot at home i cant do any lifting at all i have to be very careful otherwise i have a bad attack .

​mark are you careful with what your doing with this condition you have to be ie no lifting , shopping bags just carry light ones becareful around the home .im saying this as now im more careful im keeping it under control if i didnt i wouldnt be able to move.what pain relief do you take and how often i ask these questions i want to help.

• Posted

Hi may I take 60mg mst one twice a day 900mg gabapenti three times a day 50 mg diclofenac 50mg amitriptyline at night only plus 15mg oramorph when needed. Im under the pain clinic at the hospital I've had tests coming out of my ears lol. These passed three years. I have been offered the choice of four injections three of them go into the spine and the other one goes either side of my spine. That last one is the one I'm going for. It's an operation I have one this month and they have booked me in for February as well.
  • Posted

i believe i have what you guys have. not diagnosed yet. the upper left side of my chest gets swollen. my body loses sensation felling numb but not completely. i get anxiety when it acts up. it happens whenever i do something physically. i feel really zoned out when it happens. ive been to the docs a million times and they dont know what it is so they give me a pill and tell me its muscle spasms. it makes life a living hell.ive had it for 8 years. im only 29 and it hit me bad after i got in a bad car accident but took about 1 n a half years to start getting these symptoms. let me know if this is similar to what you are going through
  • Posted

I'm not sure your still on here Mark. I had my gallbladder out June 2015 and have had pain on my right side ever since, chronic. I been doing the hamster wheel with doctors to get no answers. I take tramadol ibuprophen and gabapentin. I feel a little better but not all time, I worry taking all the meds. The medical world have a a disappointment to me. How are you doing?

• Posted

Ginger tea and turmeric tea have helped me so much

I was diagnosed with costo in July 2016, I suspect I've had it as long as early 2016. Howver my swelling leads me to believe it's actually tietzes as my pain is pretty much gone but I'm left with the discomfort and tenderness of swollen muscles.

Turmeric tea reduced my pain significantly in just 3 weeks. Ginger tea is helping for when my muscles are swollen.

Slowly but surely I am healing and repairing.

I know some are stuck with it for life and I think I may be one of the lucky one to only have it in passing.

But try out turmeric and ginger tea, together or separately but they both do a great job at reduction of pain and inflammation.

Unfortunately as much as my pain is near enough gone, the swelling is uncomfortable enough that it takes me about 5 hours to fall asleep.

I've overcome anxiety and insomnia but now I have trouble falling asleep. No issue staying asleep though which is a positive. I'm getting 7-8 hours sleep but that's at the cost of waking up at 12pm and later.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.