How long does zoladex take to wear off

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had 4 injections of zoladex with the last one being on 10 December.  Since then I have had severe debilitating headache and into my fourth week off work with it.  In a lot of pain and unable to do much, throbbing headache and nausea when I over do it.  Not having any more injections as directed by GP and waiting for date of hysterectomy.

Can anyone tell me how long before the zoladex wears off and when headache should stop.  I have not had any relief at all in over 4 weeks and GP thinks it is zoladex.

Have been referred for head scan which is in 11 days.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yep, severe headache is a listed side effect and one for which you're supposed to call doc right away, so good thing you're off it. I can't tell you how long it takes to wear off, but am here to support you on the hysterectomy.

I had a total hyst at 27 back in '82. If you want to know more about that, ssy so.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts.

• Posted

Hi Sid, I had aradical prostatectomie back in november 2014, 35 sessions radiation in 2015 plus Zoladex untill august 2016. Then one year without Zoladex, a year again Zoadex untill a few weeks ago. I'm 64' years young and retired since a few months.

My side effects, confirmed by my urologe as being caused by Zoladex are:

?- hot flashes, more or less each two hours, 24/7

?- pain in joints, may be muscular too

?- If I sit down or lay down even for half a minute, pain all over, but it's over after a few steps

?- Depressive moods, incl suicide thoughts

- sexuality sized down to zero

?- All together : not feeling 'normal', not feeling good, not a second all day and night long

?Your question, which preoccupies me as well: how long does it take to get back to normal?

?I guess you have more experience since your last message and I'm keen to hear from you. My experience:

?Feel bad to feeling good: pretty fast. I'd say two weeks.

Hot flaches, not sure, three months?

Sexual appetite, not sure, three monts?

joint pain: ever?

?Please disregard spelling faults etc, I'm native Dutch speaking, second laguage Frech, and then English.

?Cheers

?Eric

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.