Someone please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

About a 2 months ago I had a mirror yeast infection, which caused me to look down there. Besides the yeast infection I noticed weird skin tag looking type looking things. I had my naturopath take a look at them and she was unable to determine what they were. After doing my own research online I've self diagnosed myself with Vestibular papillae, as the pictures on google are what my " skin tag looking things" look like. Ive continued to keep an eye on them for these past two months, hoping they would go away on there own. Instead I've noticed that they have grown in length and multiples. Now, Starting a week ago, my vulval itches to the point where it really irritates me. However the itching is ONLY at night. Can someone please explain to me what's going on ? How can I get rid the skin tag things and making the itchy stop ? Are these signs to bigger health issues. I would like to include a picture, but I don't know how.

Also just a side note, I'm 18 and a virgin.. If that's makes a difference.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like a trip to the doc is required I'm afraid. Probably nothing at all to worry about but still you need to find out what it actually is, and get the appropriate treatment!
  • Posted

Sorry dear that you are going through this. It sounds like you are going through some hormonal changes. You may have other symptoms pointing to this also but this seems the most concerning one. Think about some changes you may be going through especially your diet. Have you started eating more of something? Changing your diet around to help balance out your hormones may help with the itchiness. Vaginas and vulvas can have bumps and different textures to them. This is probably really not an issue. The discomfort and especially at night seems like hormonal because certain hormones are higher during that time. It could be your body fighting off some residual sensitivity to the yeast. Try to stay away from sugary, acidic foods (sweetened flavored coffee drinks). Take a good probiotic. Sesame oil is soothing and the same ph as you are down there. But get a quality oil. It will get better! Don't stress too much as that can be hard on your body also. Find activities that calm you and help relieve stress. Even if it's just breathing exercises.
  • Posted

So sorry to hear this. I have had the exact same things happening. I requested that the skin tags be removed and the Dx was Dysplasia(pre-cancerous cells). I still have no answers and even with the removal of the skin tags, there is still lots of vaginal itching. My gynecologist doesn't seem to have the slightest idea of what is wrong. I certainly hope you can find out what is going on and get some relief! Let me know what you find as I am in the same boat that you are in. Best Wishes!

• Posted

Hi Amy. I've been reading a lot of ladies on this site having problems so I decided to give my experience in the hopes it will be of some help.   I had a similar problem to you (I'm 55) and I had all sorts of diagnoses from various doctors and nothing they prescribed helped.  Then I came down with gastro-enteritis and couldn't eat for around 5 days: and the horrible painful itching downstairs cleared right up!  That was my first clue that I was probably sensitive to some food or other.  I did an exclusion diet, slowly re-introducing different foods, and I found that one of the main triggers to the itch was whenever I ate potato!  I'd never even had a problem with it before, but it seems that as I've gotten older, I can no longer tolerate it.  I cut it out of my diet entirely, along with it's plant "cousins" - I found I get a painful itch if I eat any of the Solonacea family, including: potato, chilli, tomato, eggplant, capsicum (I believe they're also called bell peppers?) and tobacco. If I occassionally accidentally eat one of this diverse family, I find that an anthistamine can relieve the symptoms now I'm not overwhelmed by eating them every day.  I hope this helps you - best of luck!

Minamii 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.