I have sever knee pain that runs up my back, whats my diagnostic

Posted , 2 users are following.

With my knee pain it hurts the most when I lay down with leg straight out, then it starts to stiffen and pain runs dwn to the top of my foot up my hip, butt bone from my knee cap. What is my diagnostic and whats the worst condition this can cause if not treated or taken care of.? Please I need advise. I live with a server ,chronic pain. Even ibuprofen and tramadol pain meds.does not ease the pain..

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This sounds like a nerve problem by the sounds of it its your sciatic nerve that runs from your spine all down into your leg

If you look up sciatica you may find that your symptoms are very similar the websites thaat say

Sciatica is felt in the spine and uper bum lies

Sciatica is where your sciatic nerve is trapped and the lower downn your leg that the pain is the more pressure there is in that nerve.

You may find that worse case you have a disc problem in your back that is caussing the issue

• Posted

About my back pain. I go to lay down on my back, flat, the mid of my back and space it and the lower part of my back bone comes and meets together. Like the opposite , the top of bone of back comes down as the lower part of my back bone goes up and meets the part bending downwards.
    • Posted

Then yes I would say that you may have a disc problem

I have something called Degenerative disc disorder (caused by my hyper mobility)

In a short explanation my discs are being crushed and are thining because of the pressure I currently have this in L2 L3 L4 L5 and S1

I get sciatica alot due to this and I cant walk its that painfull and it stays that way untill the nerve becomes untrapped now doctors fill you full of pain meds that kindly put dont do anything ibuprofen does nothing becuse its not inflamed Although if your disc is inflamed they may give you this to heelp relieve the disc but I go to a chiropractor every month to have like a bit of a m.o.t on my back and they can tell which disc or discs are trapping your nerve and its alot quicker than waiting for it to go on its own I wwas very sceptical about chiropractors but I can whole heartedly say its the best pain relief I have ever experienced

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.