Arthritis pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a 60 year old female and i have arthritis in right leg and now right arm. Can anyone recommend somerhing natural I can take? I already take Cats Claw. Thank you.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

are you in the UK Vicky?  If you are my chemist has just introduced me to a gel called Flexiseq.  Gets good reviews and as it non medicated, you can use with any prescribed medication.
  • Posted

Hi Vickie.  I recommend trying Curcumin - its the anti-inflammatory ingredient of the spice turmeric, but the spice itself only has about 5% active ingredient, therefore go to a health food store and buy curcumin capsules.  There's a new version on the market which has a higher concentration and is far more effective.  It really does work.  I take it late evening and I'm now able to sleep through the night without my arthritis flaring up in my hands and waking me up.
    • Posted

Thank you so much. I'm going to give that a try.
  • Posted

I had an arthroscopy in October 2014.it was OK for 4 weeks till I went back to work who h is a manual job.

I've recently been going to see a physio and although I've carried on cycling, hill walking dwindled to nothing.

Last week without hardly noticing, my limp started easing, and I could bend and straighten my leg better than I've done in months.

I've also been able to go on longer walks, with a knee brace at first, now without.

I've been racking my brains as to what's changed is that about 2 months ago I started taking rosehip tablets daily.

I'm not getting my hopes up that I'll ever be able to run again but I can definitely walk better.

• Posted

Hi Larry, I too had an arthroscopy - on my ankle.  I had a major accident and destroyed the cartilage in one ankle.  They used internal fixation to repair it (plates, bolts, etc).  I was in really bad pain with severely restricted mobility for a couple of years.  Then they did surgery to remove some of the 'hardware' and did the arthroscopy at the same time - the wear and tear had caused a sort of bone spur to develop and I believe it was this they removed during the arthroscopy.  Whether it was removing the metalwork or the results of the arthroscopy I dont really know, but my pain was significantly reduced and my ability to walk was vastly improved.  I was even able to wear shoes with heels - nothing to teeter on but at least get away from horrible flat shoes at last.  My ankle has started to bother me greatly again, often giving way sometimes as the pain hits and I'm limping again, so maybe it's time to shave away some more excess bone.  Trying to get an orthopaedic referral however is beyond a joke, I've been told it will be a year before I get seen.
  • Posted

heard on wed that rosehip tab are good been taking them a couple month ,not felt any diffrent yet .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.