frozen shoulder nerve pain

Posted , 32 users are following.

i can't cope anymore with the pain! All my nerves hurt neck scapula biceps pain all the way down arm forearm aching hand aching does anyone else have the forearm hand aching pain.

0 likes, 86 replies

86 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I did not have the pain in my forearm or hand. How long have you been suffering with this pain?  Can your Dr. Give you a prescription for a small dose of Tramadol also called ULTRAM Etc?  It really saved me when I finally relented with my second frozen shoulder. I would only caution you about taking more than 59 mg as it can cause terrible headaches. It is a synthetic opiate. My scapula was not operating correctly because of the scar tissue.  It was pulling on my spinal cord nerves and I got relief from them taping it with kinesiology tape and going to a mtherapeutic massage therapist who broke up the scar tissue.  Then I could exercise properly and get things strong enough to eliminate the pain. This was done in the last stage of the unfreezing.  I am so sorry for you. Please keep looking for any pain relief you can find. A portable tens unit helped me a lot. Magnesium and baking soda and lavender oil mixture hot soaks, etc.  
  • Posted

Ahh love! I know what your gong through, yes I get pain in my whole arm like you, then at times is OK 'sh! I get spasms in my bicep. Aches and pains in my scapula. What pain killers ate you using?

I'm on Naproxin x

• Posted

Yes go back see your GP when mine was bad like this i had to take tramadol and oromorph i coukdnt work for a few days couldnt tolerate the tramadol so oromorph paracetamol and ibuprofen 400mg works well makes it more bearable altbough at times its still very painful. I have arthritis in my neck if i put my neck into certain positions it plays havoc with my sciatica i still along with my GP think its all linked i have pain in my elbow forearm upper arm pins and needles, iv seen a surgeon last week they are doing hydrodilation its a start after 2 years of being past from pillar to.post dont suffer its so painful i just used to cry some one put a saucer on a plate inna cupboard at work i used my good arm to.get the plate not knowing their was a saucer automatic reaction to stretch and catch OMG the pain i was unconsolable the pain i coukdnt put a brace face on it i just cried the tears just streamed at that point the guys i worked with realised i wasnt put it on i haf a grnuine painful problem they have been great and do a lot for me to help please get help dont suffer xx
    • Posted

Ah KAren, you are writing about my journey too! I had a cortisone into my bursa (because the Dr insisted - albeit I wanted my FZ shoulder fixed...go figure!) but I got a lot of relief until the day before yesterday when it started to ache again. I am waiting the prescribed 2 weeks before I return to the Dr to ask him for a referral for hydrodilation. I mean honestly - why do we have to wait and wait and get passed from pillar to post for a condition that, quite frankly is life changing. I was in agony yesterday, made worse by the fact that I had one week of relief and the bitter disappointment felt when it all started all over again. It somehow makes things worse? If I had had the cortisone along with the hydrodilation when I wanted it (instead of being TOLD what he wanted me to try) I would not have been in this position. They seem to have no idea about how debilitating this is. I NEED to work, this whole process is both expensive and frustrating.
    • Posted

I have to agree, now i was initially told it was rotator cuff now its frozen shoulder even bending my elbow to take top off is painful, i complained to my local Member of Parliament i had an appt last week with surgeon i also complained to my practice manager i have another appointment with another surgeon in 2 weeks which im also going to becuse the 2nd GP thinks my neck shoukder and arm may be all.linked just want itvsorting fed up beingblime a zombie tbrough lackno sleep and pain x
    • Posted

Yes they said mine was a rotator cuff tear too! I have changed doctors because of a slack attitude. Finally I found a woman who does hydrodilation UNDER ultrasound guidance. Trouble is it is north of where I live and I have to fly up there coting me $$$. Also for hubby to come with me and car hire. Then of course the cost of the treatment....Sick of it and I am getting cranky too. 
    • Posted

Thats terrible hope uou get somewhere, i know exactly how you feel i can just sit i coukd be cwatching TV ill just cry becausevof pain if i bang or knock my OH my cry i feel.aick and can nearly pass out, no one believed me at work until something fell outbof a cupboard whole i was taking something out omg the pain oh did i cry they now know im not messingband its a painful issue Thr pain did ease after a cortisone injecyoon but vome back and gets worse. The time is now 2am in the UK i have beennasleep for 2 and a half hours and am awake with pain xx
    • Posted

Yep - totally get you. (Am in Australia) I understand that you are probably pacing the floor all night, wondering what on earth you can do to get some sleep. This is an abhorant condition that people just do not understand until it happens to them. I feel for you. I often think "well 2 nights with no sleep means I will collapse tonight" It's a joke if it weren't so debilitating. I really hope you get somewhere. I rang and spoke to someone up in Queensland today - it is $295 to get the hydrodilation at one place, $100 at another, trouble is the more expensive one fits with my flight times. I might have to leave it for a few more weeks with costing. It's ridiculous. I am considering coming back to the UK to teach soon. Let's hope the NHS improves!!
    • Posted

I think the NHS depends where you are, my son has no issues in London, the next county a guy who works in another dept from me and my boss bothe been seen getting sorted. Where i am your GP refers you it goes to an orthopaedic referrel service but i hae to ring them to release my paperwork it then gets seen by a GP withba special interestvin orthopaedics who decides where you go. He decided thatvnothing ca be done for frozen shoulder soni ought to have another cortisone injection they didnt tell me this i was stranded on the roadside unable to drive with pain and numbness, despite i dud consent but wasnt told it would make my atm numb so woukdnt be able to drive i was furious. So i complained to my local MP thisis how i ended up with 2 appointments but he just looked at my shoulder no one has looked at the elbow pain or possible nerve issues where my GP said i need an MRI still not had one. Hope you get sorted and some relief i know what you mean with sleep you just get tk the point where you are shattered and you think i caould sleep goto bed and pain takes over again, i have sat and cried and cried with exhaustion doctor says ohbstop crying if only you knew how much pain and how exgausted i am x
    • Posted

The Dr said that!? Words fail me!   eek

Well I am battling on here, I am out looking for casual teaching work at the moment. I need some so that I can pay for my hydrodilation procedure. Can you get that done over there? It sounds as if it is similar to here, the nearer you are to a big city, the more services/resources/infrastructure you have. That is the reason I flew north for the first cortisone. Hope you are feeling better today xcheesygrin

• Posted

Hi not had such a bad day today, they.used to do Manipulation under anaesthesia but usecthis hydrodilation instead now i can get it on the NHS, just waiting for an appointment, i.just kerp.up.with pain medication keep busy keep mobile soon as you stiffen up.the pain is even worse.

I really hope you get.sorted bless your heart its awful and no one understands the pain apart from two off the girls i work with where they have caught me nearly drppping to my knees in pain i just cried one run off for tissues the other for morphine bless them thats when they knew how painful it was xxx

• Posted

You are having the same exact issues I had a year ago.  It was devastating for me an athlete and fitness nut not to be able to do my thing.  My entire arm had to be padded to even place it on my lap, a table, etc.  Miserable pain at night trying to sleep and find somewhere comfortable to put my arm.  Went to a few different PTs who just pushed too hard and made the pain unbearable.  My only relief was in finding a good massage therapist that dealt with myofacial release massage.  She was able to break the pain cycle for me through releasing the tension of overactive muscles that were pressing on the nerves.  The kineseotape and the tens machine helped a lot.  I took Advil all day long but nothing harder as I'm anti-drug for the most part.  This pain will pass, I can tell you from experience but it is the greatest burden I had to bear in my life up to that point.  Just know that there are things you can do but mainly time will take care of this problem.  Truly a lesson in patience! Good luck. 
    • Posted

I have this for over 3 years but I also have an entrapped ulnar nerve and the frozen shoulder exacerbates symptoms. After 5 months with a good PT my mobility is SO much better but my aching, burning and tingling in the wrist and outer hand and pinkie and ring finger are constant. My scapula has large lumps in it and burns and aches. I also am a professional dancer for my career and nurse a 23lb toddler who sleeps across my chest at night and her fav spot is nuzzling and nursing right into that shoulder. The nerve pain is excruciating. Brushing my wrist or outer hand areas hurts. I take a combination of tumeric, garlic and ginger 3 times a day which finally got me off Advil and Tylenol and I take a low does of gabapebtin (300mg 3xday) for the nerve pain. I hate pharmaceuticals but I've tried multiple times to Lower to 2 pills a day and I literally can not sleep the pain is so agitating. I also treat with essentials oils...frankincense and helichrysum and peppermint. The only thing I can truly do past what I'm doing is accept and "make friends" with the pain. I've tried mediating to rewrite my brains reaction to the "I CANT EFFING TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!" State I have been in. I truly get it and wish you supernatural healing. You are not alone. 🙏🏽
    • Posted

Hi. If you have lumps down your scapula, you have muscle spasms. Use a soft myofascia ball about 3" diameter or even a tennis ball if you can stand it. Lay on the ball over each of the muscle spasms until each one by one lets go. Muscle spasms develop a memory. The longer u wait to stop them the harder they are to stop. Have someone check your scapula as you raise your arms in front of your body slowly. If your scapula is swinging out as you move them up, you can be taped and do pt to retrain the muscles. Good luck!
    • Posted

Great idea. Thanks. I'm soooo frustrated.. Years of back pain and now this? I'm so fed upsad. Much luck to you
    • Posted

Yes I must agree, I "back walked" all round the lounge room on my soft pink ball! It gave temporary relief and was quite lovely! Well said!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.