I have rosceas and have spent a fortune of various products to help.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have tried a hugh varity of treatmens including , antiobitc creams and tablets. Nothing seems to help. HAve tried creams from boots, holland nd barrett but again nothing helps. It is really getting me dowm as dont want to go out.

Make up just irritates the skin. Can anyone please advise on a reliable treatment that I will not react too please?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi aanaswa,

You do not mention if you have been to your GP. If  not then that should be your first call. They will prescibe a topical cream/gell and hopefuly  give you some advise. Then you can see where that takes you.

Regards,

• Posted

hi,

Yes have been to GP and tried topical cream and oral antibotics. Not beneficial

• Posted

Dermotologist? I'm afraid that's the best I can think of. But Good Luck and I will be interested to know how you get on.

Regards

• Posted

Hi Anna

I have a milder form of rozacea. Was given Rozex cream but it made me so itch and got worse so I stop it. Then Ive tried a Vitamin C serum from Avon yes Avon incredible but true and a Vit A which is actually Retinol (you can find it at pharmacies) but mine I bought it on the net. Both combined 2 drops each, every day-twice a day, morming after wash and evening but most important evening. Sometimes i forget mornings but evenings is most important when body rests. Wash skin only with water and from timr to time Id take a pinch of Neutrogena face wash thats it. Took me about 1 week to see actual results but it worked for me. I hope will work for you too! Face skin is very delicate and I do not like to put much chemicals on it regardless. I wish you good luck. Mimi

• Posted

I saw a dermatologist for my brand new rosacea yesterday, and all she prescribed was Desonide lotion. I'm afraid to use it after reading some horror stories. That time I accidently saw the dermalMd's success stories  and i decided to give it a try. Its worth to try.

• Posted

Try this, it has helped me so much.  First remember the sunlight irriates the skin more than anything so if you can see light, you need this on your face or where ever you break out.  Go to CVS drug store and buy CVS brand "Clear Zinc Sun Lotion" and a small tube of "Eucerin".  

Put the Zinc sun lotion on your face or area before you go out in the light.  Driving a car in the light without this on is the worst thing you can do.  The car windows make the daylight ricochet off the glass inside your car and you are then bombarded with maxium light.  Results; Breakout which takes months to clear up.

Use "Eucerin" at night to help heal the area broken out.

When I go outside in the mornings and the sun has just come up, I put my zinc lotion on.  It's amazing how I can get a breakout under a covered patio within 20 minutes but I have it really bad and I have found with this inexpensive solution it works.  Just remember, when you get up in the mornings, do this first.  If you follow it daily, you will not have any more break outs.  

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi

I was like you I tried everything although I thought I had acne but I tried everything and it just got worse and worse.i ended up severely depressed with anxiety and became a recluse.  I went to my doctor but to be honest it took a few visits and I stupidly still wore my make-up. When I went  with no makeup on he was so shocked I got an instant referral to a dermatologist. Who tried me on several treatments but I had to go on accutane in the end. Bit scary as it's quite a strict controlled drug but best thing I ever did as it finally got control of my skin. I still get flare ups and take a low dose of tetracycline and have vasodilator but my self confidence is so much better. And my skin has never got as bad as before accutane. My good face is like a sunburnt face but it's getting lighter. I wish I had gone to the dr sooner. So my advice is carry on looking for other treatments such as tea tree oil, and honey masks etc as these may help further down the line to keep things in check but if you getting to the point that it's effecting your mental health go to your GP. Stress was a huge trigger to my Roseau flare ups so now that's the thing I treat with alternative medicine which in turn helps keep my rosceau flare ups at bay. But your triggers of course may be different. I don't like advocating harsh drugs but sometimes when all the other alternatives fail and you sound like it's getting you really down it's best to go to an expert such as a dermatologist. Who by the way can offer a lot more treatments than just drugs. It just so happens that what worked for me. Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.