I have been dizzy with headaches and eye discomfort for 4 months, can it be Labrythitis?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I am 33 years old, always have been healthy and full of energy, but four months ago I started feeling dizzy with headaches and my eyes hurt and feel scratchy, I also have some nausea and my balance is off, also I have lost my equilibrium a bit, my speech ability has debilitated, I can relate to lots of people on the Labyrinthitis forum, my doctor did a mri and found nothing, he also checked my sinuses with a CT scan and they are normal, lots of blood work have been done but everything comes back normal as well, I was low on vitamin D wich I have been taking every week now. It has been 4 months that I wake up dizzy, lightheaded, some days the headache is worse than other, the only time I get some rest from all this is when I sleep, I do get my 8 hours every night, but it feels like I haven't slept for days, I feel tired, foggy, I want this to stop. Does anyone know what this could be? Please help...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

We can all be different in same conditions and severity, so l can only tell you my experience, l had a couple of bouts of labrinthitus, the main effect for me was just lost of balance, from getting up and trying to get to bathroom and literally falling over, diagnosed by gp checking in my ears, and it did pass within a few days. Whilst youve multiple symptoms

You dont mention pain, but although your other symptoms sound very severe your not getting any posative results from tests, re negative, there  are a lot of people on mbs whove multiple symptoms long standing and getting back neg blood results and scans, some conditions difficult to diagnose, others just dont show up on standard tests. Have you checked out cfs, fibromyalgia, lupus, sjorgens, a lot of immune type conditions have multiple symptoms and hard to diagnose

l can relate to some of your symptoms, re the fatigue and waking up feeling like ...., barely able to function for hour or more, and often can fall asleep an hour after getting up, also getting more headackes, into neck shoulders, a little dizziness off balance occassionallly, tinnitus, sore stinging eyes, thirst, nausea a serious problem, till omprazole and changed diet, and l can have the iffy speech vague foggy,poor memory. l,m being tested for fibromyalgia,rheumatologist,  but there is usually general  pain or achiness with it in degrees. Others might advice more about these type problems or other conditions, but a big clue seems to be they dont show up in blood tests, scans.  Sure others with long standing conditions will advice, Hope you find cause soon. 

• Posted

Hi there, your symptoms are exactly the same as mine. it started for me last march so nearly a year now. i ended up ditching my local ent and doctor to get a referral to UCL in london. it's NHS so didnt cost anything and i jsut needed my doc to refer me. the neuro-otology department there specifies on the ears/head. i was swiftly diagnosed the same day i went, (roughly 4-6 weeks after being referred) with MAV. "migraine associated vertigo". Now you dont have to have vertigo and you dont even have to have bad headaches. as i said my symptoms are the same as yours. they presecribed me one of 3 drugs to try, propanolol, amytrpytoline or pizotifen. each of these are to try to stop the migraine which is ear based/effecting the balancce system in some way. they also do around 4 hours worth of testing. i would urge you to do this to rule things out. All my bloods were fine as was the MRI too. Many people with MAV havve no diagnosis and go untreated. the only time i feel relief is when im asleep too. i really know how you feel exactly.i thought it was labyrinthitus or vestibular nueronitus or worse. If you are in the UK speak to your doc and get a referral it may be well worth it. P.m me if you require anything else, and good luck. 
    • Posted

Hello Crest,

Thank you so much for your reply, can you please tell me more about your symptoms?

I am sorry you been trough this nightmare as well, it is a horrible feeling to wake up foggy and dizzy everyday.

I don't have the headaches anymore, just lightheaded sometimes, I still feel dizzy, foggy and my balance it's off, like I said before I feel like I have slept for weeks, you know that woozy feeling?, like you are not as tough as you used to be, every since I got this thing my energy level has gone down a lot, it really feels like I put 10 year onto my life.. my neck bothers me a little bit too. I found out something though, I have an eye problem that is called pinguecula, but that is not the cause of the balance problem, my last doctor said it is probably something related to an inner ear infection of some sort, she will do a vestibular therapy.. and she's doing more blood work as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.