Lorstartan side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if this message is duplicated elsewhere. I've been taking this drug @ 50mg/day for three years and have always suffered from a dry cough and post-nasal drip symptoms when tired, run down or recovering from the occasional cold etc. Othe postings seem to suggest I am not alone and may benefit from stopping it for a while to judge the effects.

comments would be most welcome.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I take 100mgs and have no problems at all. I wasn't aware that Losartan caused a dry cough
    • Posted

Nor have I after about 14 years with it. It is one of the few that I tolerate but we are all different.
    • Posted

Am 53 Y/O Male with a history of bronchitis in my 20's and 30's.  .I was put on Coreg for a while in my 40's  developed a lung rattle and trouble breathing. Pulmonologist called it asthma, but, there was no trigger and no distinct episodes. Three months of advair the event resolved.  In Aug '15, I had my knee replaced, and only received medical clearance after Rx for 100 mG of Cozaar.  Once again, I find myself with 2 bouts of lung gunk ( virus du jour / cold?) since.  Needless, I am off Cozaar.  Not saying this is typical, but, am adding my experience.  15 pouinds to burn off too! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.