General memory/thinking problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm now 22 and over the years I've started noticing a couple things that I never used to have trouble with. I've started occasionally stamering, I forget really common words, I have terrible trouble retaining information no matter how hard I try, I'm struggling to remember stuff and constantly loosing things. I forgot my pin number (which I've had for years) the other day. I also have trouble focusing on what I'm trying to remember and its always like everything is on the tip of my tongue, but not in the nice "whats that actors name" kind of way. Its just like blankness whenever I try to remember anything at all or try to answer questions etc. I don't do drugs, and I don't drink heavily (I even gave it up for ages just incase).

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hope you are feeling ok within yourself. can i ask if you've been to the doctors about it? and if so what did they say? claire xx
  • Posted

As Claire said, check with the Doc first. Are you stressed? As this can create a lot of those symptoms. You're to young to have dementia anyway, because with early onset dementia it's not the memory that goes first but Change of personality etc. See the Doc and good luck.
  • Posted

I agree, see the doctor.  It could be as simple as a nutritional deficiency or vascular problem. From a former RN

• Posted

Don't think its dementia haha And my nutrition and everything is fine. I'm also fairly happy and not depressed. I do tend to massivley overthink things and my friend suggested looking into anxiety/stress. It's just that its effecting my studies and concentration etc.... I'll go see a doctor next week about it.
  • Posted

Definitely see a doctor, could just be some kind of nutritional deficiency and a blood test will find that out. Good luck! 
  • Posted

Ask your dr to check your intrinsic factor...it's a simple blood test for Pernicious Anaemia. Go to the Pernicious Anaemia Society's website to see if you have the symptoms and talk to your Dr if you feel you do.

Someone told me after years of suffering and I was falling at age 43 years old. I thought I had MS it had become so bad left untreated. I started noticing issues at 32 years of age and it was misdiagnosed. Hope you find out early dear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.