Enteropathic Arthropathies

Posted , 3 users are following.

I Have been treated the last 5 years for PMR and GCA now they have found it to be Enteropathic Arthropathies ,has anyone got this ,and what medication are u taking feel been messed about ,and that the medication i have been on has caused me more harm then good bri

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It sounds as if you have Reiter's arthritis?  This is a reactive arthritis - you will probably need a course of antibiotics, either short high dose or longer term low dose to completely remove the cause of your arthritis.  I think Doxycycline is the antibiotic of choice?  It's worth looking up in the professional part of this site or on the NICE guidance - I can't post the link here or the post will need to be moderated.
    • Posted

been told its sero negative arthritis ,although much pain in hips and knees its only been picked up in shoulders with pet scan ,still have to get off steriods but now want to put me on sulfasalazine  now on iron tab and waiting for b12 inj can u email me
  • Posted

It's where your got bacteria cause an auto immune reaction. You will probably find it helpful to take some pharmaceut icalgrade pro biotics
    • Posted

pharmaceut icalgrade pro biotics ,What are these, not heard about these

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.