pulmonaary fibrosis

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello im 18 years old male who has Gerd for more than 2 years,but this year i have constant shorntess of breath my parents are worried because of it beside my age my doctor anyway ordered spirometry,oximeter and x-ray. My question is can all these 3 tests rule out fibrosis even in early stage and what is its accuracy and reliability.i am really terrifed sometimes i cant even run i feel so bad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Desuzapro

If you have been diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis like you say it is extremely serious OR are you just saying you have a Pulmonary Fibrosis!

I actually have such a condition - so my advice is to get referred to a Consultant in Thoracic Medicine who will carry out Lung Function Tests and probably a CT Scan and maybe they will put you on a drug called 'Pirfenidone'.

This the only advice I can give you!

Regards

Jazztrain

• Posted

no its my doc who is consered about it,because of my age i dont think i might have it but for last months i can even walk up a stair  without gasping for air. i will wait for lung test.i hope they will find cure soon
  • Posted

Pulmonary fibrosis, I have come to learn is a "blanket diagnosis" used to cover a myriad of lung disorders, where  they are not altogether sure what the problem is. I was diagnosed with it over 3 years ago. Two years ago as I was, like you, becoming shorter and shorter of breath, I asked my Respirologist if it could be my heart. He said he doubted it but sent me for an angioplasti heart test. It turned out I had to have a quadriple bipass heart opperation. However my lung condition worsened after this. But now I have myself and with God's help improved my condition immensly and a am pretty sure that within twelve months I will be totaly cured....read my blog near the top of this page....Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.