Hypersensitivity Vasculitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

32 yr old female from USA. 4 weeks ago I broke out on my legs in petecchiae. It spread to my stomach and arms and then became itchy and hive-like. Then my left leg became so painful I couldn't walk. I've seen my primary care doctor, a dermatologist, a couple doctors at urgent care, and an ER doctor. All blood work and urine tests came back normal. They think it's hypersensitivity vasculitis, and they're guessing it's from the prescription strength Naproxen I had occasionally been taking for headaches for more than a year, but no one seems to know for sure. I had the Mirena IUD placed two months before this happened, and I had also been taking Wellbutrin for anxiety, Allegra for seasonal allergies, and Ranitidine for acid reflux. I have no joint pain or stomach upset. I've been on Prednisone for four days but it doesn't seem to be helping much. Can anyone weigh in on this? I'm scared it may clear up and come back. Feeling very defeated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I am a Male from Texas 26 years old. I have gone through the same experience as you but mine subsided after few weeks. When I went to series of doctor and many lab tests. The only thing that came positive for me was Blood and Protein in my urine. It has been 2 years since the diagnosis of Vasculitis and I haven't been taking any medication and my last urine test had very minimal blood with no protein. Doctors aren't sure what caused it and that it may be related to genetics. But I have controlled my diet, I excercise (most aerobics and swimming) heavy lifting especially squats makes me breakout. I have been eating black seeds 3-8 seeds every morning and night. I do break out every now and then but with very minimal small petechiae spots on my lower legs. I know this can be frustrating when there isn't much you can do and don't know much about it but you just have to be patient. The good thing is all of your labs are good smile  Just wait and see if it gets better and it could possible be related one of the meds you are taking. I hope you feel better and no need to feel defeated. There are certain things in life we have no control over but keep fighting and things will get better. 

• Posted

Thanks for your response. I'm glad things have been going pretty well for you with minimal flare ups. Thanks for giving me some hope! Stay well smile
  • Posted

If you did not get Joint pain or abdominal pain, then it may not be Hypersentitivity vasculitis. It may just be an allergic reaction. 

Not sure what happened later, since this post is from 11 months ago. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.