Caffiene Free!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have not posted in awhile. I was totally sleep deprived and was heavy into Cafe Lattes, Green Tea Lattes and not getting the sleep I needed. I had GA on my wrists, all up and down my outer arms on my neck and my back. I was burning the candles at both ends, seroiusly. I was driving home after a long day traveling a long way and I was tired and sleep deprived. I thought I should stop and get yet another caffiene drink to get me home, but I only had one more exit to go to drive on a winding road home. I just wanted to get home. I fell asleep at the wheel. Next thing I know I am driving on the center divider on the grass heading towards a cement opening to an underpass. I slowed down and slowed down again and tried to get back on the freeway. My car shot to the left and I turned my wheel to the right to avoid the underpass. The car went out of control shot off the freeway to the right  and my car rolled 4 times down a 50 foot rolling hill embankment and came to a stop backwards. The car was completely totalled and I was okay. One broken rib and a concusion. I went home that night from the hosp. I went off caffiene completely, no tea, no chocolate, no coffee, no caffiene. I noticed after about a month that my GA diappeared from my wrists and then my forearms. So 5 months later with no caffiene my GA is completely gone everywhere. I feel so much better, I am getting the rest I need every night. I am a new person. And my nut allergy has disappeared, which I struggled with for years. So I wanted to share this with you all. If you really want to get rid of your GA and you are a caffiene person this just may work for you to go off caffiene for awhile and see if it disappears. Thanks, Holly

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi Holly, glad things have worked out for you , with stopping caffeine, I don't really drink coffee , more tea, not a great chocolate lover but have some, give it a try, you never know, think GA can stop when it decides too? Which nobody can figure out really, thanks for reply
  • Posted

Holly, I will keep this in mind about caffeine.  I am like Helen in that I am more or a tea drinker but it still has caffeine in it.  I will definitely try going onto green tea to see if it makes a difference, especially since I have been having issues with tiredness as well. What a traumatic story yours is. Thank goodness you came through it.  Maybe Helen is right, GA goes when it wants to.
  • Posted

I was mostly drinking green tea that has caffiene in it too. Green Tea Lattes belnded with ice are my favorite. I have not touched one since the accident. It is all caffiene. I had to go cold turkey and I saw the GA start diminishing right away and thought it would just go away a little, but gradually it all disappeared.  I believe it is a definite result of quitting all caffiene, but it took 5 months for all of it to disappear.

It has not been easy, I cheat and have a decaf this or that once in awhile. I sleep so much better now. I think the caffiene has an accumulative effect on the body.

• Posted

This is really great. One of my friends has also cured their GA by simply eliminating caffeine from her diet. In my opinion, you can ingest turmeric daily and also you can add ginger in your tea to avoid recurrence of GA. However, you should visit an immunologist for better guidance. 
  • Posted

Hi Holly,

Glad to hear you made it through everything ok. I have had granuloma annulare since 2009 I'm also a type 1 diabetic. Iv been to three different dermatologist and tried all kinds of natural remedies. This condition is so embarrassing and has caused me to go into such deep depression. I do drink alot of caffeine throughout the day, I would love it if it was that easy to get rid of these lessions all over my body. Just curious do you just drink water all day or is caffeine free soda ok to drink? Any help with ideas would be great and much appreciated.

• Posted

If you are really serious about getting rid of the GA. I suggest going off caffiene for 3 months. You can drink decafinated coffee, but no caffiene. It takes a week to adjust.

Stay away from the tea and the soda. Try to wait it out. The GA slowly subsides. Now I can have a latte or Green Tea and I am fine. Yesterday I had two cups of coffee, not bumps gone. I don't drink caffiene everyday. It's more like a real treat now. I am doing much better. The GA has not come back. 

• Posted

Thanks for your help I know it's going to be hard but I'm going to give it a try. This morning I poured a cup of coffee like usual but only took a few sips then poured it out cause I kept thinking about your post. Last thing you said stay away from soda does that mean even the caffeine free stuff?

• Posted

Caffeine free anything is fine. You can even go get a Cafe Latte that is decaffeinated. Soda is fine. I think somehow the nerve endings need a break.
    • Posted

Thanks for the help I have been off caffeine all day besides those few sips of coffee this morning. I sure have a heck of a headache so far hope it don't get much worse cause

I sure hope this will be the magic like it was for you.

• Posted

The first week is not easy. Try to rest. Caffeine is a drug and it will bring you throigh some changes. Take regular aspirin for the headace. You will be going thru withdrawls and you blood vessels are making the change back to normal and that is why the headache. Just remember that the results will be the best and you won't have GA anymore. Gone. It's not like you have to stay off caffeine forever either. Once the GA goes away you can still have caffeine, just less. I really hope this works for you. I started drinking Celestial Seasoning Cinamon apple tea with honey and that helped alot becasue cinamon is a stimulant. I even made it with ice and made ice tea. Boil 1/2 cup of water and then put in honey or maple syrup to taste and the tea bag, let steep, and then pour in a whole tray of ice and it make a delicious ice tea that gives you energy.

• Posted

I have been off caffeine for a little more than a week I haven't seen much change in the GA still can see everyone of them up and down my arms and legs. I know you said five months till they were totally gone with you but how long did it take to see any kind of sign that they were going away. I'm getting discouraged that I'm doing all this for nothing. Just want to feel normal again after so many years. Trying to keep a positive outlook. Looking for any kind of sign some days they look less red but then other times I think they are just as ugly as ever.

• Posted

I did not notice the GA diminishing for about 30 days and then it started going away pretty fast. I have not had it back again and I am drinking coffee, a small amount now.
  • Posted

Wow, glad you are ok. I'm going to try staying away from caffeine and see how it goes. I have wondered if this could be a culprit. Thank you

• Posted

Yes, my GA has gone away completely and has not returned. I drink a small amount of coffee some mornings  now and the GA has not returned. If it did return I would then again resume to a caffiene free lifestyle. But so far so good. I am so happy to be free of the GA. You just really need to stay off coffee or caffinated drinks for 30 days to see it to start diminishing from your skin. I was amazed!
    • Posted

How many days did it take before you noticed any difference?

Today is my first caffeine free day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.