Pelvic congestion syndrome

Posted , 20 users are following.

Are you suffering from pelvic congestion syndrome????? I suffered for 4 years,i'd be happy to chat with anyone who has it or thinks they have it

2 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What is that? Is it a pain on the right side? With pulling in groun area and front of thigh?
    • Posted

It's more of an everywhere in the pelvis kind of ache,i also suffer with ovulation pain which can be bad ,usually on the right side but doesn't last longer than a day or two,if your getting this kind of pain mid cycle it could be due to ovulation???
  • Posted

I would like to chat with you about this.  Not sure what is going on with me but have had tests done and nothing is abnormal.  They tell me it is adhesions most likely.  But I just want to get some relief.  If you could shed some light that would be so wlecoming.  Thank you.

• Posted

No.  More so in my lower left pelvis and tenderness right under my pubic bone.  I can feel a mass on the lower left side.  But ct, mri, bloodwork, etc. all came back normal.

• Posted

Hi Colleen,

Before my pelvic congestion syndrome diagnosis i had a laproscopy that found endometriosis,all other scans and tests had come back normal beforehand and it is usually described as adhesions, Endo can effect every where ,bowels,bladder etc.Hve they not suggested a laproscopy????

With pelvic congestion there is a lot of pain and a generally very heavy feeling.Symptoms are stomach cramps,backache ,pain ful gas,ibs symptoms,increased vaginal discharge,achey legs and some swelling down below.x

• Posted

Also do your symptoms have a pattern??? are they worse around ovulation and the time of the month.I ask this because i found my pain increased around these times.
    • Posted

I had a hysterectomy 15 years ago.  Still have my ovaries but in the ct scan they could hardly see them they were so small.  I have been trying a low residue diet lately to calm this down. 

• Posted

That's interesting because with pelvic congestion syndrome the veins to the ovaries can be really effected,they become so backed up that they can appear to cover the ovary,sorry to be personal but have you reached the menapause yet??? Maybe this could be why they are small because they shrink in menapause.They left my ovaries too because i am only 40 years old ,i'm hoping that i don't have future problems with them.xx
  • Posted

I had a hysterectomy 10 days ago,i am hoping this will put an end to it,thats why i'v decided to try and shed some light on pelvic congestion syndrome in the hope i can help any one suffering.x
    • Posted

Tks for sharing and hope ur better. I really am worried. Gynae said its adhesions from appendix. Surgeon prefers doing a colonoscopy as my dad passed away with colon cancer. He said he would rather not do lap cos it cud cause more adhesions. The pull in my thigh bugs me and yes have had vaginal discharge but when Gynae tested me he said it wasn't excess. I'm so worried
    • Posted

It is worrying,especially if you are like me and google things!!! I found that you really have to stand your ground sometimes,it's your body and only you know how you feel physically and mentaly ,It took me 4 years of being on different medications and tests before they finally found the cause,I hope you get some answers and a solution soon,please feel free to ask me any thing.xx
    • Posted

Tks a lot. I do Google things which does make things worse but it's constantly there the ache. Sometimes barely sometimes like today it's really there and I get confused if it's my back or my lower pelvic area then the pulling in the leg is freaking me out as it must be something pressing on it. I want answers but it's taking long
    • Posted

Yes that's the thing time between appointments can be ages,i phoned my consultants secretary when i was really bad and i used to get seen quicker,sometimes it's a case of who shouts the loudest.xx
    • Posted

I have the same exact symptoms as you! My ache is on my left side for about 10 months, it's constantly there, some days are worse than others.... I've had every test done and all they could find was some uterine fibroids.....doctor prescribed birth control pill but have yet to take them for fear of the side effects, he also said he would do a laparoscopy but reluctant to do that toowink. I may try the BC pills... idk yet. Glad to know I'm not alone in this! My CT scan did show some pelvic variances (congestion)..... I am so sick of being in pain all the time!!

• Posted

Hi Shelly

Was curious as to how you were feeling since you had your hysterectomy. I have pelvic congestion syndrome as well. I had a pelvic embolization and still have weird abdominal pains.( Non clinical) people keep suggesting hysterectomy. What are your thoughts?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.