chronic constipation

Posted , 13 users are following.

help! i am looking for remedies..natural remedies like fruits,vegetables and natural products for my constipation...been days since i went to to the toilet.most of the time i am bloated and i feel like air is just rotating around my body as it makes my side, back and ,sometimes chest, painful..am i already accumulating toxins?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, I find that soaked dried fruits like dates and prunes help. I also take an ayurvedic remedy called triphala. I comes in capsule form and is a combination of three herbs. I take 4 capsules before bed and can usually open my bowels in the morning. I also use a plastic stool that goes in front of the toilet. It enables the user to get into a squatting position or something approximating a squat. This enables easier elimination. Do a search for "squat stool" online. I hope this helps.
  • Posted

Try to drink prune juice, Black Forest tea., psyllium husks mixed with water.

These items are usually available in health shops and are not expensive.

Walking at a moderate speed for about half-an-hour might also help. There is often a solifiied "plug" in the rectum which stops the stool from exiting. In this case, a lukewarm enema would work. Not  comfortable  but not painful and it needs an implement you could get in a pharmacy.

• Posted

There are many things for constipation, check with the pharmacy.

The best as far as Ilm concerned is psyllium husk, aka flea seed husk, which oddly enough works for both diarrhoea and constipation as it binds but also has a laxative effect.

• Posted

thanks for the insight light! I think there are also natural supplements or products that are all natural being sold in the pharmacy..actually I would like a natural product, it may be capsule or tablet but conatins natural inf=gredient and best of all non-habit forming.Thanks
    • Posted

Yes. Sennacot is one that comes to mind. Don't know if it's a brand or what. My mum used to use it. I always understood it to be ntural. Pharmacies do have natural things for constipation.
  • Posted

Seeds!!! Pumpkin, sunflower etc. Fantastic for constipation!
    • Posted

i thought seeds can harden the stool.. however papaya seeds are good for digestion and also for eliminating parasites... i will read more about pumpkin, sunflower.thnaks claire!
    • Posted

Great for constipation. Just don't eat too many of them ! Maybe 2 teaspoons a day with plenty of fluid x
    • Posted

thanks claire.. aside from papaya..I also read that fennel is very good for digestion.. are fennel seeds available?is it the seeds that we eat from fennel?
  • Posted

A friend and I talked the other day about Magnesium.  I said I only take every other day because it soften stools. She said she lived with constipation for years until someone told her about magnesium.

FYI I cars that helps you. 

Hope  you find relief.  Once a nurse told me oranwe juice with pulp in it can help.

• Posted

thanks Layne TX it helps to read from someone who really had a first hand experience in this kind of situation..You can find too many products and remedies but nothing can beat the best teacher, experience! i appreciate your reply.. I will be reading the other replies and see what will work best for me.God bless
  • Posted

I agree with the other comments. Yes, a healthy diet and exercise help, but magnesium, specifically magnesium oxide supplements will do the trick. The squatting position makes a huge difference too. You just need something so that your knees are higher than your hips.. A child's grow tall step is perfect.
    • Posted

Or, if you haven't got steps, it helps almost as much to raise one knee at a time and pull it towards you...
    • Posted

As a tourist in China toilets used to be just a hole in the ground before Western-sryle seated ones were introduced. Squatting over the hole is a much heathier position, I agree with you.
    • Posted

Ditto India. Actually, In india, most toilets still are the squatting kind. Not to mention the open fields!
    • Posted

had a good laugh on this.. this is common really in some asian countries that are underdeveloped but they are the ones too blessed with too many fruits and vegetables... fruits and vegetables easily grow in  the tropics,the best remedies for diseases.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.