Feeling lost

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had a Tia on 10/12/15, I'm ok physically but very tired all the time, I'm finding it very hard to make decisions as to what I should do, I need some kind of support but don't know where to turn, my doctor is very nice but I just need someone to advise me on practical decisions..moving home is one of them as I'm convinced that living where I am was a major contributor to the tia

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It is normal to feel fatigued after a stroke. I had a massive stroke, a cerebral haemorrhage (bleed on the brain 18 months ago), it took me six months to stop feeling tired.

Nobdoy seems to give you any advice or direction when you leave hospital. My advice would be to talk to stroke dot org, whey are very good and could put you in the right direction - give them a call.

• Posted

Hi, I tried that link, it took me to an American site...I'm in UK, thanks anyway.
  • Posted

Hiya hope I can offer you some support there are support groups out there stroke association are very good I think moving would put a lot of strain on your health after all its a big up evil focus in your health for the time being do you have family close by
  • Posted

I'm having what look like mini strokes my mouth goes droopy my vision goes blurred and my speech goes paramedics said they were but tests showed nothing but was made to stay in for 2 nights observation and was given a blood thinning injection they call them episodes they are getting stronger and lasting longer hope this helps I'm here if you need any further support
  • Posted

Hi all, wow! The replies were a lot faster than expected, thank you all, the reason I need to move is that it's nearly impossible to get a good nights sleep where I'm living, I was intending to move before I had the Tia, I made a mistake moving here (over 55 housing) where you buy a percentage of the property and rent the rest,the building is badly built and you can hear every noise from next door and above, I can't use the bedroom and have the bed in the living room, basically I can't make it a home. I'm not sure if my brain has been affected by the Tia as I used to be so confident before.
    • Posted

Hiya the t I a has probably made you loose some of your confidence I've lost a lot of mine I never go out on public transport on my own I used to live in my flat and it was so noisey with her down stairs having. Party's all the time and causing me grief I can't live on my own it's not safe with these turns I'm having I never really settled in my flat it felt like I was in the middle of no were even though my family were just around the corner I'm more settled were I am now just wish these turns would do one sick of them now what we're your symptoms my sense of humour and believing in my self will get me through but I sure has he'll don't need to see a physiciatrist has my gp surgested he thinks I'm faking it how could Im not an actress
    • Posted

Hi there,sorry to hear what you're going through,my Tia happened one morning.was in bed and tried to pick up a pen but couldn't grip it,I sort of new what it was as my mother had a stroke years ago, I got up and took 2 aspirin and then collapsed on the floor,left side was gone, I was rushed to Charing Cross stroke unit,I was probably only paralysed for about an hour,they had me on a trial drip called thromb something or other,I was out of bed the next day and discharged after 4 days, I was so relieved to walk out of hospital, I know my anxiety level is high as I never know if I'll have another turn.
    • Posted

You should be takin precautionary medication has a mini stroke is a warning sign of a major stroke I was hosp with what they called mimic stroke laSt july because doc at badger clinic found a twitch I still have the twitch now and right sided weakness ie poor pincer grip and less sensation in the end of my finger tips hemefacial droop and so on I lost my speech last July I ended up with a cockney accent with no explanation speech is still poor when I have a turn it sounds gobaldy guk
    • Posted

I'm taking clopidogrel to stop the blood getting sticky,also a 5mg blood pressure pill, they had me on a statin in hospital but doc took me off them as I got a load of weird symptoms, I stopped smoking in hospital and after coming out for 8 weeks,didn't go to the pub either, but living here is driving me nuts so I went to pub again, I've been having a few smokes too,I was eating lots of fruit and veg too but things have started slipping lately, gotta get back on track, got hospital tomorrow for X-ray on my back as I have degenerative wear of spine, if I was a horse..they'd shoot me :-)
    • Posted

Hiya ive got arthritis and degeneration of the disc after I slipped a disc about 10 years ago also got arthritis in my knee and shoulder have b12 deficiency and hsving tests on my high blood pressure have another mri coming up on my neck also have a bulging disc was ur t I a diagnosed with a blood test
    • Posted

Your doctor did you a favour, you only want to be on statins if you really HAVE to. A lot of bad side effects reported with statins.
    • Posted

I had 2 Mri in hospital and neck ultrasound..loads of blood tests but I think it was the Mri that proved it was a Tia.
    • Posted

Yeah, I didn't want to take them and he agreed as long as I can keep the cholesterol under control through diet
  • Posted

Des have you tried "Behind the Gray" they cannot give medical advice but knowing I wasn't alone helped me no end.

You can type out problems with people who have the same problems as you,  and I always come away from it with my spirits higher than when I went on there.

You are in early stages of recovery but give it time and baby steps first.

You will get there and noise is a main problem with me I cannot listen to arguements and coming from a large family !!! lol ..I cannot take my families problems anymore whereas before I used to always give my advice wanted or otherwise.  xx Good Luck

Win 

• Posted

Thanks Winnie, I'll have a look at behind the gray, yes noise is a major problem at the moment, the trouble is that I think I've become hypersensitive to it, or maybe I just notice it more, I also find I jump really easy at sudden noise. I've got to be grateful though as there are a lot of people worse off than me.Good luck to you too.
    • Posted

I had mine in 2009 SAH followed by venticulitus, then UTI followed by Sepsis so I look at every day as a bonus.  I am so lucky to be alive and thank every day I wake up  and see my Family xx I then had a shunt fitted in 2010,  and it was like a light coming on and I look upon each day with a big smile as some do not make it but we did so I insist you sing and smile at least once a day  lol xx Good luck on your recovery and never give up Des.

Win x Taken me all this time to walk a few 100 yards but hospital said I would never walk again ..we have to prove them wrong xx

• Posted

I've had blood poisoning in 2007 guess I'm lucky to be alive and should be thankful there's others worse off than. Ourselves
    • Posted

Hi Winnie, you've been through the wars, your positive attitude is great, walking after the docs said you'd never walk, makes me feel like a right wimp, I used to be such a positive person with a can do attitude, the docs have tried to put me on antidepressants but I don't want to take that route, I am getting the odd flash of everything will work out ok given time, good luck to you :-)
    • Posted

Des,

Well done to you and I hope all will be well for you and all of us, if my hubby had listened to hospital I don't know where I'd be as I was out of it for a long while.  So every morning when you wake up think of something that has made you laugh in your life also when you go to bed.  You have been there also Des and we both know what it is like .

Good luck pal xx

• Posted

Hi Winnie, I came across a link, amazing how this bloke has coped..he was so young when it happened. Good luck and I hope you're smiling this morning :-)

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Sorry about that, I never knew that links are not allowed.  It is called tims stroke, google it if interested, not sure if this will be posted either, but he is an amazing man, good luck.
    • Posted

It is okay Des, Mods know we have to learn our way around, I will look it up later.  When I went on another site I mucked it up good and proper lol, takes getting used to  xx

Hope you are well today Des and you had a big smile this morning?

Started singing in the middle of a post ha ha !!

Keep bright and have a good afternoon

Win xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.