Anyone lost weight on Levo

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been prescribed 100 Levothyroxine been on it a month but felt no different but wanted to know if anyone had actually lost weight taking it?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have been on 150, for a year and put on two stone
  • Posted

Hi Jude, I continually gained the whole two years I was on it. It didn't work for me at any dose, and messed me up. 

Prior or to my thyroid problem I'd been a sleek 130 pounds, at 5'6", and a size 4, small, stable for over ten years. 

Since the the thyriod issues and this horrible medication, my weight has been off the charts and I'm up to a size 10, large. 

So so no weight loss. Worse, nothing but weight gain.

good luck!

• Posted

I'm going to give it 2 months feel like I'm just adding pounds and feel constantly hungry 😟😟😟
  • Posted

When is your next blood test to check your thyroid hormone levels? You might need to increase the dose. Or it might not be working for you. You ought to be feeling a bit better even if you're not losing weight. Probably not worth checking until 6 weeks at least because it can take 6-12 weeks for your body to adjust to the medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.