Tildiem

Posted , 4 users are following.

just started taking Tildiem - Calcium Channel Blocking Agent and have been woken up several times with heart beats loud in ears and through the whole of my body, together with complete body aches. On eventually getting up feeling of being general unwell feeling.

Has anyone the same effects, helpful advice and how long it might go on for ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Black Widow I was prescribed Dilitiazem. Channel block for my AF I felt awful on them constantly felt light headed and off balance also depressed  and generally feeling unwell as you say.My consultant took me off them and put me back on Dixogin which I feel ok with. I will never ever go back on Bisopolol suffered with lots more symtoms on this drug.
    • Posted

Hi Glitzy, thanks for your comments it's helpful,  my telephone conversation with my GP made me feel I was being told off like a naughty kid, over re-acting with the side effects, that I was 'getting stressed out' and that was the cause of my side effects ! I'm puzzled how they expect you to suddenly stop taking a beta blocker for a good few years that slows your heart/blood pressure down, to suddenly start taking something that does the complete opposite- speeding everything up ! 

Another dr appointment for Tuesday to see if an alternative can be agreed.

• Posted

I have just started taking Tildiem 60mg today.

I am 38.

After being on a few diffrent Beta blockers over the last year.

I have Arrythmia but dont know which one yet.

Many Beta blockers seem to work for a while, and then all of a sudden they seem to stop working.

Even if I increase or decrease my dose.

Sometimes I can be on a high does and be okish, but a low does makes me go into AV blocrs

Sotalol, Propranalol, Bisopolol I have taken for the last year, and they havent seem to control my heart at all and some of side effects were hourendous.

Im only 7 hrs in on this new med.

If I stay laying down my heart rate is Okish.

But I cant get out of bed without it shooting up to over 100+

I have rung my Dr.who has just said it needs longer to work.

I so hope so as Im just laying here to keep my heart rate down.

I have had the shakes and chills on a few Beta blockers.Sometime for a few days whilst I get use to them.And sometimes so bad when my tablets are stopping working.

I also had ringing in the ears with a few lots of tablets.

• Posted

Hi Traceyjar

Thanks for your comments, my GP has now taken me off Tildiem as the side affects were worse than the problem Tildiem was supposed to treat.

Tildiem is the only meds I've ever had side affects from, I would never consider going back to them.

I'm now back on Propranolol.

I hope your able to persevere with the Tildiem your a braver person than me.

Feel free to keep in touch.

• Posted

Hi, just read your discussion with Glitzy, amongst other things, about Bisoprolol.  I have today persuaded my (very nice) GP to put me back on Atenolol which I had been taking years ago and was happy with until some other medic changed them to Bisoprolol.  I found they never helped which they are supposed to do, in the contrary had very often palpitations, and now suspect that they caused nausea as well. Never mind, I am back on good old Atenolol.

As for calcium channel blockers, I have had a bit of a discussion already with a correspondent called Killiebilly about them. I know from experience and literature that they do  cause fast heart beat and palpitations, hot flushes and oedema - and more although they are very effective lowering the blood pressure.  Go and see your GP and ask him to change your prescription. There are people who do not get any side effects at all (have got a friend who is just fine), and then there are the others who suffer. Your GP should be aware of THAT.

Good luck!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.