Blocked Salivary Gland

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone had stones removed by incision?  This is the next step for me.  I had the ultrasound where nothing could be seen and then the scan where stones were found.  They tried to prod them out but with no success.  My GP has referred me to ENT to have an incision done.  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear  that. You could search on google if you wish to know about the proceedure. I have hard lump in my gland for 4 years now, GP said it is infection, could be stone too. 

Please update on your progress! Good lucksmile

• Posted

Thank you.  I've had it for a few months now.  It hasn't bothered me up until now,  starting to burn on the base under my tongue whenever I eat.  The hospital or my GP didn't really explain what will happen. Some of the videos on google are quite gruesome.  I'm just hoping it's going to be something simple.  Have you had medication for the infection?
    • Posted

I've had some antibiotics when it got inflammed 2 years ago. This became painful and swollen. A week later since the treatment, this has eventually subsided. I often worry about, since doctors dont say something certain.. Hope you will get better soon. I dont think the proceedure is that gruesome. stay in peace!
    • Posted

Thank you.  Just hoping I'm not on a long waiting list to be seen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.