paroxetine withdrawal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've felt ready to come off my tablets which I've been on for 6 years. I have been told by a docto to gradually miss one tablet each week and as the weeks go on miss more tablets. I'm now on my fourth week and on 3 tablets a week and I am starting to feel it...

I'm getting headaches if I'm up during the day, I'm wanting to sleep about 15 hours a day, I feel sick and low sugar levels like I need to eat all the time to stop myself feeling sick and dizzy but I'm trying to lose weight. . Nobody really understands or Cares how I am, they don't see the seriousness of it all and have there own issues. I feel like I need someone who is going through similar issues or has been to talk to because I have no idea if I can do this. I have a little boy and am scared if I end up passing out while I'm with himĀ 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi im going through the exact same thing.i was on aropax for 16 years and have come of them..the withdrawls I'm feeling are so scary..it's 3 weeks since I had my last tablet.the anxiety and panic I'm going through is terrible.i also have bad nausea feelings of deep depression can't sleep no energy hyptic jerks eating all the time because I feel hungry and the list goes on...so how are you doing now? Regards christina
    • Posted

I had to go back on them rolleyes was in hospital I was so ill and really suicidal got quite scary but I feel so much better on them it's just a shame I can't feel the same without it in my system. How are you?
    • Posted

I'm crap been 3 weeks without them.im quite sick.but I just have to fight it.i really don't want to go back on them
    • Posted

Good luck with it, I was on and off them for 6 weeks then went fully without and lasted 2 weeks, I was so dizzy it was sheer hell...
    • Posted

Yes Amy it is hell the depression you also feel coming of them is horrible. I don't know how long I'm suppose to feel like this.the nausea and having no energy is so hard
    • Posted

I hope you do it, be good to know someone that can get through it. I was gutted when I went back on them but with a toddler I just couldn't cope with him. The tablets make you so much worse when you are off them, they are brilliant at lifting your mood but there the devil to get off
    • Posted

Your poor thing I tried many times to get off them. I'm trying again and going onto venlafaxine it's not been fun! My advise is to ask your doctor to go onto a different medicine that you can combine with or stop the paroxetine so the withdrawal isn't as harsh, I stopped paroxetine cold turkey next day went onto metazapine gave me no brain zaps or depression. metazapine unfortunately didn't agree with me but it's worth a try?
  • Posted

Hi I was on this drug for over 16 years. It's has been nearly a month since I've stopped taking them.im still so sick

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.