post menopausal use

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone used this medication after meno?  I am 66 and suffering from insomnia and the medications for sleep are almost as bad as not sleeping!  I tried Livial for about a week and felt calmer, no doubt, but was nauseas and headachy.  Has anyone tried using it every other day?  or a couple of times a week?  What were your results?  Would appreciate any feedback. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am thinking of reducing my dose of Tibolone because of headaches and very blurred vision when I wake in the morning. I  am going to ask my doctor next week. I have been taking Tibolone for 4 months. 
  • Posted

Hi there just to say I have been taking Tibolone for 12 years I am 63 this year and I can honestly say it has been amazing for me ,I also have high blood pressure but under control with tablets.my Dr. has just retired and I saw a young Dr. last week and he wants me to come off them he said I should take one every other day which I am trying but I do not feel that great...I just do not get it...

I shall see some differant next time as I am going back to every day now.

I hope this helps you.

• Posted

Hi,

I am 65, have been taking Tibilone for a long time because I sleep better and joints feel better and I look better. I also don't need to use lubes during sex. It's a really good product and made such a difference to me.

my Uk Dr doesn't like prescribing it and I have to explain why I want to continue taking it. Makes me feel very uncomfortable and like a naughty child!!!!!  So I buy it myself over the counter in Portugal.

i think I have taken it for 10yrs and have no side effects.

also get complimented frequently that I don't look my age. So for me it's been a win win situation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.