Left leg!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone one every had just one leg to swell? Its my left leg, no pain, it does dent if I push on it. Its only bad when the weather gets warm. I guess I should get it checked out been going on for about 3 yrs. My GP just shrugs his shoulders says he doesn't know what it could be.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Donna   please go and get your legs checked out. I suffer from  fluid in the legs, once I had slim line legs,wonderful enjoyed walking around not wearing tights, now ok as year progressed my legs  started with veins, I had them "stripped" at 30  after the birth of my 3 child. and then they started to swell up  and yes if you pressed them with your fingers the legs would indent.   I was given a machine that I would  wrap the special wrapps turn on the electric and the machine would compress and release   (I used to go to bed  and use it )  it would compress the fluid  up and you would go to the loo as it pressed the fluid.  As time has gone by now 62  my legs have become  so large  I cant find tights that would go up my legs.   ITS FLUID RETENSION  and Im on WATER TABLETS,  As your doctor to refer you to a special nurse .  I dont want to scare you but now I am having ops on my legs by having foam pumped into my veins on the legs, it pushes the blood out of those veins now my injected area 1 year on has turned black  these ops are done  while awake, they are uncomfortable..  take care  get it sorted.  Jocelyne  Cambridge  UK 
  • Posted

Sure...my left leg was the first and only one to swell for many years. I had venous insufficiency first. The body's circulation progression runs left to right. Now I have lymphodema but the right leg only began to swell this year.
  • Posted

Yes, it was when I fell and damaged my right knee.  The swelling was huge. It's a lot better now, I have been on Diclofenac for about 3 years.

now my left leg and hip are swollen, which made me visit the doctors only to find out I have OA in both hips.

i am on naproxen twice a day.  I have noticed that both my ankles are swollen, not too bad though.

• Posted

I would ask another doctor, keep asking till you get an answer.

my main gp is hopeless, so I usually choose another on the list at the surgery.

• Posted

You, as they say "had me at shrugs his shoulders".  I'm out of there real fast!  I sincerely hope you don't live in an area where your choice of medical people is limited!  You keep searching, like I do.  There has to be a reason for this happening and it can't be that hard, complicated maybe, but do-able, for certain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.