what do I do now?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Help please help! I have a dilemma, I'm the lady of 42 who is trying to see about having ivf. Try this revelation: Once you're raped that's it, you're then an unfit mother, well that's according to my COUNSELLOR at my hospital who are offering the treatment. I've NEVER heard anything so absurd! Don't ask for ivf if you've been raped before, you're too much of a risk. I'd laugh it was a joke but it's not done nothing but try all week, got awful IBS as a result. Rotten just rotten!😡

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What an awful thing for a counsellor to say... my sympathies... sad

• Posted

Hi Michael, thanks for replying, I got a response back off the hospital where the counsellor just denied everything and made my husband and I out to be liars.  I've given up!  I now have the support but no thanks to my doctor's - I did it myself and will never forgive the origianal people in the 1st place who left this situation despite me reporting this 18 years ago, it has ruined my life, relationships the lot.  I hope people read my story like you did and understand the callousness of some people and how professionals you're meant to put your trust in can be so untrustworthy and disparaging as the ones I endured.  I still am recovering from the shock!

• Posted

Hi Sam, It really sounds like a horrible experience you've had. No matter how bad it is there are good professionals out there - sometimes it takes time to find the right one for the individual. Best wishes for the future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.