Psvt

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ok so i just had an attack of svt my hr went up to 134 then as quick it went up, it went back down all with in a couple of mins.. Has anyone else experience that.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I actually had something like this when a cardiologist tried to put me on atenolol and it triggered a svt like yours. Mine lasted about 10-20 seconds then stopped. I have learned that this is only a major problem if it lasts hours on end. If your heart is healthy like mine, then it shouldnt be a cause of concern. Take more magnesium and potassium. That completely vanished my heart pvc's, svt, etc.
    • Posted

Thank you for responding, im going to try mag and potassium. But did ur cardio keep u on atenolol. Im on atenolol and hv been for bout 4 months.
    • Posted

No problem bro, and no unfortunately i just cant tolerate beta blockers. Recently my heart disturbances have vanished... i did good on one beta blocker and that was metoprolol. Atenolol was fine up until it gave me that svt that i never experienced before. So i decided to just kick the meds because mainly my problem was a fast heart rate that i got from being very inactive and depleted of potassium and magnesium mainly. Almost every type of beta blocker gave me sharp chest pains and i didnt want to induce any type of angina i dont need at 19. After i started drinking more water, eating 3 meals a day and those potassium with magnesium supplements along with a HGH amino acid pill, it works wonders for the heart.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.