Constant head pressure in the temples and eyes

Posted , 89 users are following.

I have had pain and pressure in my eyes and temples for almost a year now. My face feels fuzzy and tingly and I feel woozy a lot of the time. Nothing takes the pain away when it is really bad. Tried Tylenol 3's and oxycocet with no relief. The only thing that helped with the intensity of the pain was Inderal (Proponolol) which is a migraine prophylactic or a high blood pressure medication. It relaxes the blood vessels. Even on the medication I had times when I still felt woozy and my face felt fuzzy and tingly. I went off the Inderal for a while as it also impacted my Gastroparesis and I am trying Flunarizine another migraine medication but not having much luck. I still have the constant pain and pressure in my temples and eyes on both sides. MRI on the neck and head were both normal. Really frustrated as I feel awful pretty much every day. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

6 likes, 144 replies

144 Replies

Next
  • Posted

sounds like a sinus infection but I think that would come up on an MRI
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. One doctor thought it was a sinus infection and put me on antibiotics and anti inflammatory meds. They did nothing to help the pain and pressure. The neurologist I saw thinks it is migraines but I am not convinced since it is continuous. I spend a lot of time on the internet searching for possible answers since the docs don't seem to have any real answers. I really appreciate you taking the time to contact me.

thanks,

• Posted

Hi

I have the exact same head pressure and I also suffer from health anxiety, my head feels constantly full and I have moments where I feel woozy so I take myself out of the room and breath for 5 mins and it seems to pass but my constant thought is that I have a tumour, I've had blood tests recently in November, would a tumour, malignant or benign be picked up on a blood test, my doctor said they pretty much checked for everything and it was all fine and normal but I'm still getting head pain.

I too have been told it could be my sinuses so I have made an appointment with my gp

to see if they can arrange an MRI, I just want peace of mind that there is nothing serious going on before it gets too late x

• Posted

Hi, I'm currently going through this horrible head, neck, under and on top of eyes and temple ache right now and have been for 5 days, I suffer with health anxiety really bad and I've convinced myself it's something worse. I went to the doctors today and as said it's my sinisus which are blocked due to a cold/running nose last week. She said all my anxiety symptoms on top have just heightened everything.

• Posted

Even i do feel same pressure on left forhead ,but it disapear if i do exercise like running , cycling . If i stay in home for a week it come back .

• Posted

Hello Lynn & others with sinusitis,

Had chronic sinusitis 7 to 8 years back and went thru mostly all the symptons mentioned by you guys. A simple routine of applying sesame oil (preferably cold pressed sesame oil) on the sinuses 3 to 4 times a day over a period of 1 to 2 months cured my sinusitis completely. Simultaneously, was putting a drop of this oil in each nostril when i would experience nasal block. Within 15 to 20 minutes of applying the sesame oil, the pressure around the eyes and temples starts to ease off. Itis also very effective even for blocked nasal pasages owing to sinusitis or cold.

There are several articles on the net onthe use of sesame oil for sinusitis. https://www.livestrong.com/article/498331-cold-pressed-sesame-oil-benefits/ is another article you could read.

I still use sesame oil whenever on a rare occassion my nasal polyps choke etc.

My advice would be to try out the sesame oil on sinuses for atleast a week n check out if it gives relief from sleepy woozy eyes, chocked polyps, constant pressure between eyes n temples etc...

Worked wonderfully for me 7 years back till date... I say check it out.

Thanks for reading thru n God bless you guys.

PS: PREFERABLY AVOID MILK, CURDS N BUTTERMILK ETC. THEY CAUSE MUCUS WHICH AGGRAVATE SINUSES.

• Posted

Check sr. No. 7 in this link please: https://thegreenhealer.com/Natural_Cures/Headache

The Secrets of Cinnamon Paste

Cinnamon has muscle relaxing properties that can relax the scalp muscles and release muscle tightness that so often causes headaches. Applying cinnamon paste to the forehead and temples allows it to work in the fastest way possible, absorbed directly through the skin. The cinnamon aroma will also provide an uplifting smell that is also anti-inflammatory and helps with sinus problems.

Using Cinnamon Paste for a Headache

Grind fresh cinnamon bark into powder (use a coffee grinder if you must, but a herb grinder is better.)

Add 1-2 tablespoons of cinnamon powder in a glass or ceramic bowl.

Add a small amount of water and mix until it turns to a paste.

Apply the paste on the forehead and temples.

Lie down in comfortable position for 10 minutes while the cinnamon works to relieve the headache.

• Posted

HI I'm having this now and I am feeling so scared I'm a single mum.two kids 16 and 5 my anxiety has shot through the roof to I have got the thought that something serious is wrong all test come back clear but I'm still scared sure the doctor thinks I'm nuts but that'd how I feel I am going I'm scared I will loose my children and now.now my depression is wors also xx

• Posted

Hi Teresa, 

I am really sorry hearing that you suffers from they same condition too,

Please you need to be strong and accept what you have now other ways you will not going to cope up with anything.

Trust me I have two kids too, I am much better now then, I was 6 months ago.

No body helped me, not even a Dr,I was in bed cannot do anything even to feed my self, so my husband has to take care of the kids which they are my life and i din't care of the cleaning the cooking or any of house work.( which I can tell you. I am one of the people who likes everything in their place, clean and cook every day etc...).

So every day I felt like going crazy, pressures in my Head, eyes, blurry vision, neck stiffness and pain.

vomiting and diarrhoea.

I cannot go  out because of the condition I was  in all he time,, dizzy as well.

I was off work for 50 days,which never happen to me, I never go off sick of work.

my manager was shocked to hear am sick.

One day I have decide to come out, even dizzy, I start going to super market and I cannot tell you how difficult was form me, seeing everything moving around, then next day I go for a walk and seeing the road moving side to side so little by little, I have decide to go back to work which, helped me a lot yes is difficult but you have to do it other ways you will be seating home nothing is going to make it better specially with anxiety, go for walk even 10 min even felling exhausted, try swimming is very good.

But I must say I went to Osteopath as well which helps a lot.

I am bit better now,  I still have the pressures and neck problem, dizziness settle a bit.

i have  review with ENT next Wednesday hopefully good news, and I will see Neurologist in March. 

Teresa an other thing if you GP can refer you to talking therapy.

I wish you all the quick recovery.

Please let me know how you getting time to time.

Regards,

• Posted

Hello pwSINUSISTUS1961

I too have been diagnosed with having chronic sinusitis. I have headaches daily and occasional migraines at least every months For the past year. I first felt symptoms after brain surgery Jan 2017. I believe it may be an effect from the surgery but all the ENT's I've seen won't say yes or no that it is directly related. My neurosurgeon tells me the headaches and migraines are due to stress. I don't believe this for one minute because ct scans show the fluid in the sinus cavity. I have been on several different medications and nasal sprays and nothing is working for me. I very much like your natural approach and will definitely try it. I am so desperate for relief. Thank you for sharing your remedy and the link for the benefits of sesame oil.

• Posted

Hey Frankiemom how have you been feeling? Any luck with the sesame oil?

I've had Pain, throbbing, tightness, crawling sensations on my right Temple/forehead area for a few weeks now with some blurry vision. MRI came up clear but I did have mucus in my sinuses. ENT said it's a bacterial sinus infection and now I'm on antibiotics (started Thursday night) for ten days, Flonase and Mucinex D. The pain started to be go away Friday and was 85% less pain until today sad

• Posted

I feel exactly the same as you now so any update please ??
    • Posted

Hi there, i have tried the Sesame oil on the sinuses and up nose and think i can feel the benefits already, thank you.
    • Posted

I don't have kids to look after, but I'm certain that my symptoms are stress-related, but also due to sense of loss of control.  Perhaps there is part of you that wouldn't so much mind not having to care for the children for a while.  There would be nothing abnormal in feeling that way.  I hope you can get some respite.

• Posted

I'm so sorry other what you are going through!!!

You should try Ultimate PAIN Fighter it has gotten rid of my headaches faster than anything else!!!!!!!

I suffered for years with migraines and headaches and now whenever I feel a headache coming on I put on UPF and it relieves it usually in less that 5 minutes!!! NOTHING has ever worked that fast for me!!!!! The best part is there's no drugs in it so no weird side affects You just gotta try it it's awesome!!!

• Posted

You should try Ultimate PAIN Fighter it has gotten rid of my headaches faster than anything else!!!!!!!

I suffered for years with migraines and headaches and now whenever I feel a headache coming on I put on UPF and it relieves it usually in less that 5 minutes!!! NOTHING has ever worked that fast for me!!!!! The best part is there's no drugs in it so no weird side affects You just gotta try it it's awesome!!!

• Posted

I suffered for years with migraines and headaches and now whenever I feel a headache coming on I put on UPF and it relieves it usually in less that 5 minutes!!! NOTHING has ever worked that fast for me!!!!! Now I use it for everything that hurts or bothers me!!! The best part is there's no drugs in it so no weird side affects You just gotta try it it's awesome!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.