46 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I don't believe any longer that we need to reduce the level of "bad" choloesterol in the first place.  Watch the video on you tube;  "Statin Nation".

Fifteen minute segment or watch the 2 hr version. The need to lower cholesterol appears to be one huge myth/ hoax.

Furthermore I wouldn't believe for one nano second that this new drug has no side effects.

• Posted

Just watched the 15 minute segment of Statin Nation and found it very informative.  I think I'm still slightly brainwashed by my doctor but like you I don't believe that Repatha has no side effects.  I was also 'taken in' by the advert showing fat in the arteries of smokers'. I have never smoked but I do feel smokers have had a raw deal.  It's made me feel better about refusing to take any prescribed statins.

• Posted

I identify with your use of the term brainwashed. Because I have bekieved for 40 years that I was indanger of clogging up my arteries because of bad cholesterol. It has taken me 6 months of reading and researching to get my brain to switch around to believing that it is not cholesterol that causes heart disease, and even still if I eat a piece of cheese, add milk to my coffee or eat a few eggs I have to tell myself that it is okay and that I am not being bad to my body. This chloesterol as the villian is not easily leaving my belief system.

And the doctors as well are brainwashed. I emailed my cardiologist various articles including "statin nation" and he totally just blew it off.

"You can't belief what you read on the internet" was his response. 

Some of these studies that I have read are from renown resarchers and institutions, not Joe Blow. And trust me he uses the internet daily to get information. Who doesn't nowadays?

Bill

• Posted

Amazeing isnt it how doctors dont research the net for information!
    • Posted

Wow, Miss prescription of just one drug had killed more people than in the Vietnam war, and all they can say is sorry, it was the drugs fault, they can only prescribe what is recommended to them.
  • Posted

I agree with Bill.....I don't care what name they give them....I won't ever touch another statin......the body needs cholesterol.....and statins are poison
  • Posted

I personally wont believe the no side affects for at least 5 years.
  • Posted

One hundred seventy four dollars a dose?in the US only the rich could afford it. Rediculous price. Unless im reading it wrong and its a dollar seventy four a dose?
    • Posted

Lee, you will need to sit down before reading this. In the US, the price is $1,200.00 per dose, which is $2,500.00 per month. Apparently it is MUCH cheaper in the UK, as the article states it is £170 per dose (approx $250US).
    • Posted

It's actually free through a special program. Ask your doctor. Even Trump could qualify for the free program.
    • Posted

How long can you get it free. If its free for anyone,how can they make a profit?
    • Posted

From what i read its an injectable to be used with a high dose statin. Usually with choelesteral problems that are the type which are family genetics.???So youd still have to use a statin. Am I wrong?
    • Posted

12 months.  They have already invested billions in research, testing and approval.  Giving it away is pennies compared to what they have already spent. 
    • Posted

It is an injectable, once every two weeks.  Absolutely no statins.  Repathat is for patients who are statin intolerant and therefore, one could not and should not be taking a statin.
    • Posted

Well you have more faith in pharmaceuticals than I have. They said statins were good for everybody. Look what happened. Years down the road we find out they lied. Hid their research and did a lot of harm to a lot of people. And all they are required to do is change the label with a warning. Many people have lost everything ( their health ) because of pharmaceuticals. So , why would people believe them now. I'll answer that. NO CHOICE.
    • Posted

I looked at patient comments I saw side affects and numbers so low i dont believe they are healthy. Choelesteral can be too LOW!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.