Normal body temperature in 82 year old male

Posted , 4 users are following.

What is considered to be a normal body temperature in an 82 year old male? My fathers was 35.1'c today. He had an icd fitted in Oct '15 & was advised to maintain a room temperature of 21'c - we've done this over the winter. Now the better weather is coming he still seems to be feeling the cold, whereas I find it too warm. His recent ICD check showed no 'episodes' & INR is finally within range @ 2.4. Any thoughts? I have not noticed any change in colour of his lips - they have the same slightly blue tinge.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I just googled this and it says the average is 37. It can vary betwen 36.5 to 37.5c. Not being a medical expert it might be an idea to check with your GP as it does seem a little on the low side.  Sorry can't be of any more help. Good luck.
  • Posted

Body temperature in the elderly can vary and is usually colder than

what is considered normal for a young person. However, if he is slightly

blue then he should call his GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.