why still taking carbimazole if levels are back to normal?Also TSH hormone does NOT exist?

Posted , 3 users are following.

why should i continue to  take 20mg  carbimazole if from the first month the blood tests came with normal (even lower than normal ) results.

i was 1,96 with normal 0.87-1.76 to adults and before one week when i had the blood test was 1.14 

Also TSH does not exist at all!!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi joannagof

Sorry but I am unsure what you mean by the TSH does not exist.

Do you mean that it is so low as to be unrecordable?

Hope that you don't mind my asking .

• Posted

Hi

It depends on what is a problem with your thyroid or actually body. If you have graves than carbomizole is used to stop thyroid function and restart it again after a period of time. Sometimes they give you carbomizole to bring the levels down and let body to adjust.

Sorry but I don't know enough about various thyroid problems to dwell on this more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.