Cushings Confirmed & liver relation?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello All,

Just wanted to update everyone. So i saw the pituitary specalist on the 11th and he did a exam and looked over all my tests and said I indeed do have Cushings. now to figure out where its coming from. He was confused my 8mg Dex test didnt surpress at all. He Said Dr Bruce Mickey (neurosurgeon on pitutary site) in Dallas was the best however he isnt covered on my insurence so we have to figure how to get around that and if we want to do MRI first so am waiting to hear back. Has anyone been able to convince your insurence that you NEED to see a particular doctor?

Also just got my liver results back and they are messed up. Anyone else have liver problems from Cushings? Have liver MRI next week.

See results below.

ALT 100 (H)

AST 186 (H)

IRON, TOTAL

47 (ok)

(40-190 (mcg/dL)

IRON BINDING CAPACITY

544 H

(250-450 (mcg/dL)

% SATURATION

9 L

(11-50 (% (calc))

FERRITIN

432 H

(10-154 (ng/mL)

ALPHA-1-ANTITRYPSIN QN

283 H

(83-199 (mg/dL)

CERULOPLASMIN    

CERULOPLASMIN

57 H

(18-53 (mg/dL)

HEPATITIS A AB, TOTAL

REACTIVE

(Should be NON-REACTIVE)

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Actually just upto your insurance unfortunately. I have heard of him and supposed to be very good. I also know Dr Martin Lazar and he is also quite well known. 

Best of luck.

• Posted

Hi Samantha. I know you have posted this a year ago. So I'm hoping u see this An reply. But I was wondering u said about ur liver being deranged. Has this all corrected itself now? Was it all part of your Cushing's?

I've had deranged liver for over a year now. So I was wondering has ur liver went back to normal? An how was recovery for u?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.