Henoch - Scholein Purpura

Posted , 4 users are following.

I took this condition after a viral infection at Christmas time I spent a week in the hospital and had a biopsy done to confirm. I have been having my kidneys checked every 2 weeks but am always taking urine infections. Is this common. I work as a Customer Service Assistant in a busy cafe and I am finding lots of pain in my legs at the minute. I cannot go out on the sick as I don't have a contract. I find getting on and off the bus really painful at present. Can anyone advise on what I can do?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like the same symptoms I'm experiencing. What kind of biopsy did they do? My doctor put me on a 21 day course of prednisone, but I started having heart palpitations so they had me stop taking prednisone.  I also had extreme tummy issues, and the kidney issues too along with joint pain issues.  However I also started having Afib, causing my heart to flutter at 125 bears per minute! It was so bad I had to see a cardiologist and have a electric cardivierson done.  After suffering for 2 1/2 months with Afib, my heart is beating normal! This Henoch Scholein Purpura is some nasty stuff.  Good luck and I hope you start feeling better!!!!!
    • Posted

Hi thanks for the replies. I just have been having sore joints lately and not currently taking anything at the minute. It is the urine infections that are driving me nuts so much pain with them. Going to take a few days of work soon and get an appointment with the doctor and see what they can do. They cut into 2 spots on my right leg and it 1 of them I would still have pain.
  • Posted

Poor you...your symptoms are very similar to my daughters...the pain and joint swelling is very common. Have you asked about starting steroids to help with the pain? My daughter has found multi vits and iron have helped and ibuprofen and paracetamol intermittently...but you have to make sure ypucantake the ibuprofen and that it doesn't cause any further kidney irritation or damage. Try and rest as much as you can , easy to say I know but chronic fatigue is a sympton too. Take care. X steph
    • Posted

Hi thanks for the replies. I just have been having sore joints lately and not currently taking anything at the minute. It is the urine infections that are driving me nuts so much pain with them. Going to take a few days of work soon and get an appointment with the doctor and see what they can do. They cut into 2 spots on my right leg and it 1 of them I would still have pain.
  • Posted

Pm me - I'll send you some info.
    • Posted

Don't know how tos send you a pm as I just started this yesterday x

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.