Anorexia recovery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi... so i'm kinda new here and don't speak english well so please don't judge...anyways...

I'm anorexic for 3-4 years and mentaly it's really bad.... i lost a lot of weight but i'm pretty much "normal weight" (i guess a little underweight actually...) since i was fat once...i'm still but yeah... and so it started.... anyways 8 months ago i got a fb and managed to tell him about ed.... and yeah i wanna be better but it's hard when u break and r screaming to the voices in ur head.... so yeah he helped me a lot-i manage ti force myself into eating something and i don't purge...but sh*t in my head is getting worse.... worse with every time i eat.... and i don't know what to do. I want to get better but it's impossible... and like it isn't enough i broke him too.... and now everything in my life has gone to hell.... i don't know what to do anymore. i can't hold myself back anymore... i try not to self harm, fast and stuff....but i'm on the edge n losing my mind, failing school n stuff......please help me....if u can...if u have any ideas how ti solve this mess please tell.... i somehow ruin everything in my life and like it wasn't enough to ruin me i ruend him too.....

If u read this....and if u have any ideas what to do please tell..thank you....

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, are you seeing a counsellor or somebody and sometimes is help to tell someone everything and they can give you solutions and stuff. Don't give up, you've done so well to get to normal weight and I know its so hard but you have to keep fighting the voices and stay strong. Maybe go to doctor and them how you are feeling?. Stay strong! Hope I have help led a bit
    • Posted

thanks...smile well yeah i can't tell anyone else...it was hard to tell my bf, but telling a proffesional who would probs tell my parents n stuff is kinda impossible for me right now i think... but yeah u halpedsmile it's good to know there r ppl who understand n don't judge eating disorders like something u do to draw attention tosmile lots of people don't understand but they think n act like they know everything about everything....

anyways thankssmile

Emis Moderator comment: I have edited this post due to the swearing. These are open forums so as per the T&Cs please do not use offensive language in posts otherwise they may be deleted.

• Posted

You need to get professional help from someone trained to councel in eating disorders. Your gp can refer you to the right person or a psychiatrist. There is plenty of resources out there for that they will retrain your mind and get to the root of your probs coz there's lots of overweight ppl out there who'd love to be skinny but they don't starve themselves coz they know they'd get sick so there's a lot more than just weight going on with eds. We need food to stay alive n help our bodies function optimally. I have bad stomach probs n it's actually painful to eat sometimes n I can't eat certain foods it's really frustrating I'm also badly low on potassium which was all missed coz bloods were falsely elevated going up n down iv had heart probs muscle weakness severe weakness n the list goes on. Low potassium is torture. Iv got all the prescribed supplements I could wish for now but deficiency that bad can't get enough can't exercise iv wanted to end it all so many times coz of the physical torture I'm going through n wasn't even believed it's dreadful. So get down to your doctor n get referred get help n start enjoying life. There will also be ed helplines n clinics near you.

Sounds like this thing is mentally torturing you, it's a real head f*#@ lol it's that little devil on our shoulders talking rubbish trying to convince us to do all the wrong things that will hurt us he loves this he's on my shoulder s 4 years n I keep falling 4 it coz am stupid.

Good luck x

• Posted

thanks... ik it's a sh*tty feeling having these things in ur head all the time.... but yeah well i kinda don't have a good experience w doctors and psyhiactrists, therapists n stuff.... i allready had anti depressions bit stopped eating them few months ago... and i allso don't wanna get proffesional help....it was hard enough to tell my bf how can i tell anyone other and allso my parents will probs know.... and i don't want that so yeah i'm kinda just trying to eat n thinking what to do.

thanks for ur help tho, it feels good knowing ur not alone....biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.