Chicken pox at 26! Question about Nausea + recovery: 3 weeks have passed and so tired!?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Never had the chicken pox as a kid and somehow caught it while out because started getting severely itchy about 3 weeks back. Originally just thought I was having a reaction to something, but started to get a lot of rashes, and then the spots. Went to the walk-in clinic and doctor confirmed it was chicken pox. This was about 3 weeks ago. General rule is no longer contagious once crusted, but new rounds of spots started to come, including even this past weekend, thankfully after a few days those seem to have crusted out. Tried to go back to my uni today to get outside and meet a friend from lunch. Hit with MAJOR exhaustion about an hour into my bus ride, and also have been experiencing extreme nausea yesterday and all of today. I thought that 3 weeks was a good amount of time to take things easy, I have been doing nothing but staying inside at home and trying to get alot of rest, but now I'm wondering if I need to give things more time. Lying in bed and feeling alot of nausea and fatigue.

So, to the adults out there who have gotten chicken pox, is this normal!? What was your post new spot recovery period like. Is alot of nausea and fatigue to be expected? Also for the ladies, did you happen to have any aching in the stomach/pelvic region...

All the best to all those suffering out there, getting this at an adult stage is the worst and my sympathy goes out to all of you!xo

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hmmm, I had chicken pox as a kid. But I have a very close friend who got it her senior year in high school and she was out almost the whole year. I have heard that if you get it as an adult it can be very dangerous. Not to scare you, but I would watch for fever. Good luck to you! Let your body rest and heal.
  • Posted

I had ch.pox as an adult and felt like sh*t even after the spots started clearing so take it easy. I went back to work 1 month later and still feeling very wobbly. In hindsight I would have taken at least 6 weeks off. I would recommend Netflix and chill until you feel 100% even if it takes two months. Best of luck x
    • Posted

i am suffwering from high nausea after chickenpox.

Please help and suggest me

• Posted

It has been a few months now, so who knows if you'll reply/see this, but did you ever get better? I contracted chickenpox about four weeks ago, took two weeks for spots to crust and to feel better from pox. The day after I completely healed, I also started having severe nausea/digestive problems. I'm wondering if I should see a gastroenterologist because my stomach and bowels still feel icky.

• Posted

Yes it did go away! I think after about a week the nauseous feeling was gone. It's been months now and I'm totally fine, plus my skin is perfectly even colored, pretty much all remnants of spots faded and no one would be able to tell I even had chicken poxsmile

• Posted

Thanks for replying and thanks for your post -- I've been having a hell of a time finding anyone else who has had my same post-CP symptoms. :-) I'm so glad you're better - I hope I will get better in a couple months, too!

• Posted

i am suffering from high nausea after chickenpox.

it has been 1 month complete now.

Please help and suggest me

• Posted

I hope by now you are feeling much better and fully recovered. I just wanted to let you know that I am also your age and contracted chicken pox at the end of August. This is my second week off and while almost all the scabs have dropped off I too feel extremly exhausted and nauseas. Even taken a pregnancy test just to be sure as I thought this nausea was unusual. Thankfully after seeing your post I feel less stressed about it. I am due to go back to work Monday but with how I'm feeling I will be getting my sick note extended as I do not feel myself yet.

I've had two kips today and am ready for bed still, ha!

All the best, hope you are doing better. x

• Posted

the same with me

is there any remedy for it

plz tell.

Thanks

• Posted

I am 21 years old.Got chickenpox last month.I took zovirax(Acyclovir).I recovered quickly in 10 days.Though it took 21 days for all the crusts to fall off.But I am still not feeling well.I am feeling so nauseas.Not only that I am feeling extremely weak.I developed digestive problems and acid reflux as well.I don't know what to do.I did a blood test and USG everything is normal.Doctors are giving me antacids just.I visited a gastro he also gave me antacids and adviced me to come after a month as he might do an endoscopy.Now I am panicked.I am mentally and physically tired.Is that normal after chickenpox?Is it even related to chickenpox?

• Posted

I got chicken pox in December 2016 (I was 29 yr old). I was given Acyclovir and painkillers. It took 18 days for crusts to fall off. I was feeling week, less energy, lost 6kg and tired for more than a month after chicken pox. But things were improving I was feeling stronger day by day. I had strange stomach pains and developed digestive issues, my doctor gave me Antacid (Pan ) for 10 days. But digestive issue didn't improve after 10days. He told because of chicken pox medications and chicken pox I got mild Ulcer. He advised me not to take  antacids and asked me to eat healthy less spicy foods, curd and fruits. I felt lot stronger in 2 months. But my friends advised me NOT to do physically straining activity or exercise for 6 months. After 6 months I am strong, but my digestive issues didn't improve. Another doctor prescribed me digestive enzyme tonics. My digestion improved when I took the tonics, when I stopped, my issues returned. Due to digestive issue, I became B12 deficient and may be other deficiencies also. 

Then after 10 months I started doing mild exercise, my digestives issues got cured automatically. I was getting more stronger.

You do not panic. I went through what you are going through now.

Time will heal you. You will be alright.

Do visit the doctor to confirm that you are alright. Follow what doctor tells.  I went to doctor. They did lot of test and told I am alright, nothing is wrong with me.

You are young. You will be healed faster completely may within a month.

Get well soon.

• Posted

I am 22 now, I got chicken pox just 3 weeks ago, the chicken pox sopts got crusted and fell off in 2 weeks but now I am feeling very tired , body aches and day before yesterday night while I was asleep I got a sudden stomach pain that kept me awake for the whole night and I vomited too, It was so painful that I thought I got some serious disease in my stomach, then diarrhea happened in the morning but after that now(I.e the next day) I am better though now and then I feel little bit of stomach pain when I eat (I am eating healthy food)

Before I use to study for 5hrs minimum besides attending a class of 6 hrs ( I am preparing for an exam) but now I notice that I am unable to sit for even 4hrs to study and have to put more efforts to concentrate in class and I think my body is demanding a more hours of sleep than before.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.