20+ lipomas through stomach region.

Posted , 3 users are following.

First off, I am obese and have been all of my life. I'm 31, female.

I have had these lumps throughout my stomach since my teenage years, however now there seem to be more and they hurt. Basically anywhere you press into my skin, it's tender-stomach, legs, arms, lower back. It's also lumpy and full of hard bumps.

My stomach has been concerning me the most lately. The lipomas range from dime size to maybe 2 inches and have become painful. They also move when I bend over and it feels like something popping.

I have ignored it for years because I'm fat and I have just labeled the problem as another one of those fat people issues that I deserve to have for being fat and that cannot be fixed until I lose weight. Well I have an incredibly hard time losing weight. All the obesity stuff aside, I figure I will finally ask:

Is it worth it for me to talk to a doctor about this issue?

Can they remove 20+ lipomas throughout the stomach area?

Is this going to cost more than my house?

Will they come back?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Do tgey ever spasm?
    • Posted

One of them, on my right side tends to painfully spasm, feeling like a strange painful cramp or like a hot poker is jabbing me, but this happens rarely, and I haven't found it to be brought on by anything particular.
    • Posted

I have spasm in upper left abdomen when I bend forward i quickly have to stretch out with it ...difficult and embarrassing when out😕 It hurts like mad and is sore for a few days but this past week or two I'm getting them more over side toward back, Doctor thinks fibro but I'm not sure
    • Posted

Hi skitkid, have you found out anything definite about these cramps, I've had on for years doc did mention fibro but when I mentioned it again it was as if it had never been said. Bending is an issue for me and I have to push it down over stretching it out. Can leave area sore for a few days.

• Posted

Two inch ones are big. I had five lipomas removed from my thigh and chest some years ago as some pressed on nerves and were painful.

Recently I have developed several lumpy bits on my stomach and chest that itch and are at times painful. I'm not certain if they are lipomas or cysts or something else. 

• Posted

I suppose as you have been posting here for some time that you have heard about Decrums disease?

These benign tumours are not usually painful or itchy, although some kinds of lipoma, which contain blood vessels, muscle or other types of cells, might cause pain. They are sometimes associated with a form of obesity, called Dercum's disease, which is common among middle-aged women.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.