Mycophemolate and prednisolone and sulfasalazine

Posted , 2 users are following.

has anyone taken this medacation for 12 month or over does it cause problems

also preds these i have been on for 5 years ,as high as 60 mg

now on 8 mg have stopped mycophemolate ,after 12 month now they are trying sulfasalazine .if any has used this or had any good result for  arthiratis 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You can try sulfasalazine for arthritis. I have tried it, and it made me so very tired.

I thought it helped, but my stomach could not take it well.  I am now using Plaquenil for RA markers, and I am on 8 mg of prednisone for PMR.  Not totally out of pain because of arthritis back pain..

• Posted

strange i have felt really tired these last few days only been talking for just over week .I was diagnosed PMR and GCA now they say after 5 years said sero negative arthritis .have found naproxen has done the best for me .want to get off preds .
    • Posted

did you have a cough with Sulfasalazine , i have just had bowel scan and told bowel inflambed ,on iron tab due to bloods drop.on 8mg pred .have you ever put yours up a couple days then droped back .thinking of 12 as pain not good at moment then drop back to 8 in a couple days .not sure if i would have to taper again ,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.