Hydrocele right testicle

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a kidney removal surgery 3 weeks ago, I had a kindey tumor. I went to see the doctor on 1st of Feb this year because of my right testicle has grown, ultrasound had shown hydrocele on my left testicle. My tumor surgery has been successful, however my hydrocele looks like growing. It is a size of almost a tennis ball. Asked my doctor and he said the hydrocele surgery will be in 6 months time. I do understand they cannot make any surgery within 6 months but my hydrocele is getting very uncomfortable.  What should I do? (There is no pain whatsoever)

I am waiting for opinions. Thank you, Robert (39)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Need to Correct my post, my left testicle has a hydrocle.
  • Posted

Robert, My advice is to do what your Doctor recommends. My hydrocele had no real pain either.  It just seemed uncomfortable because of the size and location.  I knew that it was there, and since it came on it's own, I hoped that it would leave on it's own.  It took me some time to even mention it to my Doctor.  And more time to schedule the surgery.  About a year passed before I noticed it myself, and when I had the procedure done.  The actual pain didn't change in that time.  Only the hydocele size increased as well as the discomfort.
    • Posted

Hello Bill, thank you for your post. Did you go home on the day of surgery, or had to stay in the hospital? How long did it take to not feel any pain after surgery, and got back to normal? 
  • Posted

I went home the same day.  I had pain for about 48 hours that was controled by lots of ice in the area, plus Tylenol-3's which contained codeine.  The codeine caused constipation, so I switched to Ibuprofen after 2 days.  With the ice, that kept all the pain in check.  My procedure was on a Friday morning.  I had my stitches removed and wound checked on the following Monday.  I walked my 3 mile route the next Friday, exactly 1 week after my hydrocele was repaired.  I did keep the area clean and dry, the whole area supported, and still applied ice every day from surgery to first 3 mile walk.  It's been 8 months now.  I feel fine.  No after effects, and am so glad that I had it done.  I have no Idea if it altered my fertility.  I am now 67 years old with sons, daughters, and a bunch of grand kids.  All function work in that area, and I had intercourse within a month of surgery.  It was bit awkward at first, but no problems since.  Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.